Re: Need a Caching Buddy on the 4th??

  • Lowracer
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
      Candy,

      I know it's not after 6AM yet, but meet me at the following
      coordinates. I know of an area with hundreds of easy caches you
      haven't found yet!

      N 37° 41.570 W 097° 17.330

      <candylind@...> wrote:

      > Do you need a caching buddy for Independence Day?
    • Candy Lind
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006

        SORRY I didn't get this in time -- I already had a route planned with TeamKaos (Zenfire) that will probably be a little bit easier on the fuel bill ... ;)

        Hope you and Mommy Lowracer have a great 4th!

        Candy

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lowracer" <lowracer@...> wrote:

        > Candy,
        >
        > I know it's not after 6AM yet, but meet me at the following
        > coordinates. I know of an area with hundreds of easy caches you
        > haven't found yet!
        >
        > N 37° 41.570 W 097° 17.330
        >
        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind"
        > candylind@ wrote:
        > >

        > > Do you need a caching buddy for Independence Day?

      • Chris Mire
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
          I don't think that was a cacher. If you review the story, it said
          that they ventured 1000 ft into the cave, the cache is only 200 ft at
          most into the cave. The cache is very easy to get to, and
          there are no spots that would get you stuck once inside the cave. Of
          course I went over 200ft past the cache thinking it was the old cache
          since there was no cache name on the log. That 200ft was VERY TOUGH
          GOING, especially the 200ft return trip! Thank goodness I actually
          have rescue experience and was used to being in very tight places.
          Remember, how ever far you travel, you always have that distance to
          return. This is what gets most people that find themselves in
          trouble. They go until they get too tired to continue, then realize
          they have all that way to get back. Then they freak out thinking they
          can't make it, and BOOM... we have a problem.

          End result, this cache is VERY SAFE, although no one should be
          foolish enough to do it alone. I would recommend multiple light
          sources that include a headlamp, and water for later. Knee pads and
          elbow pads, with a good long sleeve shirt, full fingered gloves and a
          hat will make your experience much nicer!

          I don't mind going back in at some time if someone wants to
          experience the cave.

          -Chris

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Brent" <brbapb@...>
          wrote:

          > Here is a link to the video. We don't recognize her, but it's a
          good
          > warning for anyone who might be thinking of looking for it.
          > http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=5107833
          >
          > Brent
          >
          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Watson"
          > <bcwatson@> wrote:
          > >
          > > BTW, Sue and I are talking about doing Airman's Cave.... so was
          the
          > lady
          > > who got stuck a geocacher?
          > > She didn't look familiar from what I could see on the news....
          > >
          > > Barry

        • Peter M. Maurer
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
            I think that's probably farther than you wanted to drive anyway, Candy.

            --Pete (DrHogg)

            At 08:58 AM 7/4/2006, you wrote:

            SORRY I didn't get this in time -- I already had a route planned with TeamKaos (Zenfire) that will probably be a little bit easier on the fuel bill ... ;)

            Hope you and Mommy Lowracer have a great 4th!

            Candy

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lowracer" <lowracer@...> wrote:

            > Candy,
            >
            > I know it's not after 6AM yet, but meet me at the following
            > coordinates. I know of an area with hundreds of easy caches you
            > haven't found yet!
            >
            > N 37° 41.570 W 097° 17.330
            >
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind"
            > candylind@ wrote:
            > >

            > > Do you need a caching buddy for Independence Day?

          • Richard Young
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
              Chris, when you lead another trip to Airman, please
              sign the log for me, don't forget to say 'Cache on'.
              You might alos take a picture to prove my name is in
              the log cause that's the only way I'll ever see this
              one! Glad some folks like this sort of adventure,
              I'll stick to water and airplanes.
              Cache on,
              DY aka Blizzard

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • inspectorgadget@skywonders.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
                I'd be interested! Before Friday if possible, go out of town then.

                Dan

              • Grajek
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006