Need a Caching Buddy on the 4th??

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006

      Do you need a caching buddy for Independence Day? Are you a heat wimp? Would you like to spend the day caching early, caching late, and maybe hitting a pool, lake, or creek in between?

      If this sounds like something you are interested in, call the Geocaching Hotline -- six three two six two oh six -- any time after 6 a.m. on July 4th. Moosiegirl needs a caching bud because The Outlaw is heading out with TreyB!

      This could happen in Austin or it could happen in another of the surrounding towns, I don't care and I have caches to find in all locales! If you have a preference, just say the word and I'll set up the GPS to autoroute. ;-)

      Happy Independence Day!!
      Happy Trails!
      Candy

    • Barry Watson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
        Message
        I sure would like to, but I brought work home from the office that HAS to be done by Wednesday...  shoot!
        BTW, Sue and I are talking about doing Airman's Cave....  so was the lady who got stuck a geocacher?
        She didn't look familiar from what I could see on the news....

        Barry

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
          Here is a link to the video. We don't recognize her, but it's a good
          warning for anyone who might be thinking of looking for it.
          http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=5107833

          Brent

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Watson"
          <bcwatson@...> wrote:

          > BTW, Sue and I are talking about doing Airman's Cave.... so was the
          lady
          > who got stuck a geocacher?
          > She didn't look familiar from what I could see on the news....
          >
          > Barry
        • Lowracer
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
            Candy,

            I know it's not after 6AM yet, but meet me at the following
            coordinates. I know of an area with hundreds of easy caches you
            haven't found yet!

            N 37° 41.570 W 097° 17.330

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006

              SORRY I didn't get this in time -- I already had a route planned with TeamKaos (Zenfire) that will probably be a little bit easier on the fuel bill ... ;)

              Hope you and Mommy Lowracer have a great 4th!

              Candy

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lowracer" <lowracer@...> wrote:

              > Candy,
              >
              > I know it's not after 6AM yet, but meet me at the following
              > coordinates. I know of an area with hundreds of easy caches you
              > haven't found yet!
              >
              > N 37° 41.570 W 097° 17.330
              >
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind"
              > candylind@ wrote:
              > >

              > > Do you need a caching buddy for Independence Day?

            • Chris Mire
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
                I don't think that was a cacher. If you review the story, it said
                that they ventured 1000 ft into the cave, the cache is only 200 ft at
                most into the cave. The cache is very easy to get to, and
                there are no spots that would get you stuck once inside the cave. Of
                course I went over 200ft past the cache thinking it was the old cache
                since there was no cache name on the log. That 200ft was VERY TOUGH
                GOING, especially the 200ft return trip! Thank goodness I actually
                have rescue experience and was used to being in very tight places.
                Remember, how ever far you travel, you always have that distance to
                return. This is what gets most people that find themselves in
                trouble. They go until they get too tired to continue, then realize
                they have all that way to get back. Then they freak out thinking they
                can't make it, and BOOM... we have a problem.

                End result, this cache is VERY SAFE, although no one should be
                foolish enough to do it alone. I would recommend multiple light
                sources that include a headlamp, and water for later. Knee pads and
                elbow pads, with a good long sleeve shirt, full fingered gloves and a
                hat will make your experience much nicer!

                I don't mind going back in at some time if someone wants to
                experience the cave.

                -Chris

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Brent" <brbapb@...>
                wrote:

                > Here is a link to the video. We don't recognize her, but it's a
                good
                > warning for anyone who might be thinking of looking for it.
                > http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=5107833
                >
                > Brent
                >
                > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Watson"
                > <bcwatson@> wrote:
                > >
                > > BTW, Sue and I are talking about doing Airman's Cave.... so was
                the
                > lady
                > > who got stuck a geocacher?
                > > She didn't look familiar from what I could see on the news....
                > >
                > > Barry

              • Peter M. Maurer
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
                  I think that's probably farther than you wanted to drive anyway, Candy.

                  --Pete (DrHogg)

                  At 08:58 AM 7/4/2006, you wrote:

                  SORRY I didn't get this in time -- I already had a route planned with TeamKaos (Zenfire) that will probably be a little bit easier on the fuel bill ... ;)

                  Hope you and Mommy Lowracer have a great 4th!

                  Candy

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lowracer" <lowracer@...> wrote:

                  > Candy,
                  >
                  > I know it's not after 6AM yet, but meet me at the following
                  > coordinates. I know of an area with hundreds of easy caches you
                  > haven't found yet!
                  >
                  > N 37° 41.570 W 097° 17.330
                  >
                  > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind"
                  > candylind@ wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Do you need a caching buddy for Independence Day?

                • Richard Young
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
                    Chris, when you lead another trip to Airman, please
                    sign the log for me, don't forget to say 'Cache on'.
                    You might alos take a picture to prove my name is in
                    the log cause that's the only way I'll ever see this
                    one! Glad some folks like this sort of adventure,
                    I'll stick to water and airplanes.
                    Cache on,
                    DY aka Blizzard

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • inspectorgadget@skywonders.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
                      I'd be interested! Before Friday if possible, go out of town then.

                      Dan

                    • Grajek
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006