Re: Caching along a route... huh?

  • Dick Young
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
      Alan Curry taught me to use this feature on GSAK. ITry your route
      again using. 1 miles on either side of your route. That should narrow
      your results. If that doesn't do it Alan can bable about arc, poly,
      filters and stuff with you.:)
      Cache On,

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Renee" <zenfire@...>
      wrote:

      > So I tried this out. My results gave me something like 1500 caches. My
      > route was from Leander to Georgetown allowing 5 miles to either side
      so that
      > I could include Liberty Hill. The last cache page was almost 50
      miles away.
      > Did I do something wrong? I did not see a spot for maximum mileage and
      > didn't look as it was supposed to be along the route that I had
      mapped. I
      > made the route public if you know how to check that out (named it
      Leander to

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
        Woo! somebody's gonna POWER cache!

        On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 01:16:45 -0500 "Renee" <zenfire@...> writes:

        I just received my pocket query and it only loaded 81 waypoints in to GSAK.  The 1500 caches came from the preview function.

        Renee

        So I tried this out.  My results gave me something like 1500 caches.  My route was from Leander to Georgetown allowing 5 miles to either side so that I could include Liberty Hill.  The last cache page was almost 50 miles away.  Did I do something wrong?  I did not see a spot for maximum mileage and didn’t look as it was supposed to be along the route that I had mapped.  I made the route

        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)