Re: Caches Along A Route 'Feature'

  • Dick Young
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2006
      I've a business trip to Porter soon. any suggestins for quick, 'coat
      and tie' caches?
      Cache on,
      DY

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Renee" <zenfire@...>

      <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714&grpId=6044839&grpspId=1600171288&msgId
      > =16716&stime=1151537614>

    • Cindy
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2006
        I'll be back on Wednseday and will take notes on which ones you can do "suited up"!

        Cindy

        wrote:

        > LOL. I was right there as well on Thursday and Friday. Drove to SA
        > yesterday then drove to Austin today. Ick.
        >

        > I'm going to Porter (North Houston) this weekend
        >

        > Cindy
        >
        > CindyFrag
        >

        > .

      • Renee
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006

          I didn’t do any caching in Porter.  Unfortunately, I had other, more pressing business to attend to.  I did, however, do some in Magnolia if you go over that way.  I think the only one I would attempt without my grungies (or in a suit) is Nighty Night (GCKX6J).  That one is near Magnolia and if you’re driving could sort of be on your way home as it’s not too far from 290.

          Zenfire

          Renee

          wrote:

          > LOL. I was right there as well on Thursday and Friday. Drove to SA
          > yesterday then drove to Austin today. Ick.
          >

          > I'm going to Porter (North Houston) this weekend
          >

          > Cindy
          >
          > CindyFrag
          >

          > .

          <http://geo.yahoo. com/serv? s=97359714& grpId=6044839& grpspId=16001712 88&msgId
          > =16716&stime= 1151537614>

        • Candy Lind
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006

            I decided this needed to have its own thread. YOU TOO, CAN EDIT SUBJECT LINES AND REMOVE REDUNDANT LENGTH FROM YOUR POSTS!! (HINT HINT)

            1. Dick, mda_taz and SEMIK's "Potato" caches that were placed for Wayne's 5K event are definitely coat and tie friendly, and none are over 2 miles off 290.
            2. Wayne will be listing a new cache shortly in the same vicinity
            3. I didn't get all the caches I wanted to hide placed in time for the event, but keep your eyes open because a trip east is pending in the next few days.
            4. One of my hides will be a new multi starting in Giddings. Redirector will be coat and tie friendly but the final will be one where you'll want to come back ready for a bit of a hike.

            TexasGal was a 290 corridor pioneer and I'm trying to follow in her footsteps! :D Speaking of which ...
            5. Giddings Guilty is going to make a comeback and finders of the first incarnation will be welcome to come find the second.

            Candy

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Dick Young" <rtyoungster@...> wrote:

            > I've a business trip to Porter soon.  any suggestions for quick, 'coat
            > and tie' caches?
            > Cache on,
            > DY

          • Richard Young
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
              Great news, It is surprising how fast I can get to
              Houston without stopping for caches. I ready to slow
              down! Thanks, I'll be on the lookout for the Giddings
              hides.
              Cache on!
              DY

              http://mail.yahoo.com