Caching along a route... huh?

  • Renee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006

      So I tried this out.  My results gave me something like 1500 caches.  My route was from Leander to Georgetown allowing 5 miles to either side so that I could include Liberty Hill.  The last cache page was almost 50 miles away.  Did I do something wrong?  I did not see a spot for maximum mileage and didn’t look as it was supposed to be along the route that I had mapped.  I made the route public if you know how to check that out (named it Leander to Georgetown) and our name on GC.com is TeamKaos.

      Thanks!

      Renee

      zenfire

    • Renee
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006

        I just received my pocket query and it only loaded 81 waypoints in to GSAK.  The 1500 caches came from the preview function.

        Renee

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
          Alan Curry taught me to use this feature on GSAK. ITry your route
          again using. 1 miles on either side of your route. That should narrow
          your results. If that doesn't do it Alan can bable about arc, poly,
          filters and stuff with you.:)
          Cache On,

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Renee" <zenfire@...>

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
            Woo! somebody's gonna POWER cache!

            On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 01:16:45 -0500 "Renee" <zenfire@...> writes:

            I just received my pocket query and it only loaded 81 waypoints in to GSAK.  The 1500 caches came from the preview function.

            Renee

            So I tried this out.  My results gave me something like 1500 caches.  My route was from Leander to Georgetown allowing 5 miles to either side so that I could include Liberty Hill.  The last cache page was almost 50 miles away.  Did I do something wrong?  I did not see a spot for maximum mileage and didn’t look as it was supposed to be along the route that I had mapped.  I made the route

            (Message over 64 KB, truncated)