Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Good caching parks in NW Austin?

  • Kristel Puente
    Message 1 of 27 , Jun 30, 2006
      okay, i have heard alot about s.austin being wierd, but us pfulervillers and round rockers are trying to catch up!

      see link

      the nightfly

      Kristel A. Puente
      Faces Make-Up Artistry
      kapuente@...
      210-391-8463
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 8, 2006
        To all you old timers I know that 100 is small potatoes. I started less
        than 2 months ago and I am hooked. My truck has been converted to a
        CacheMobile; I feel like my Travel Bugs are an extended family; I dream
        about caching. I am actually getting to the point where as I approach a
        cache my sixth sense tells me where it is hidden and it is actually
        correct SOME of the time. Monitoring and even participating a little in
        this forum has let me know what a neat bunch of people cache and what a
        friendly bunch you are. So, thank you, and on to 200.

        bobchernow (Bob Chernow)
      • Renee
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 8, 2006

          Congrats!!  I know the feeling.  I finally made it past 100 this past week with Moosiegirl and The Outlaw.

          Yea, us!!  (Sorry, too much Disney Channel…)

          Renee/zenfire

          To all you old timers I know that 100 is small potatoes. I started less
          than 2 months ago and I am hooked. My truck has been converted to a
          CacheMobile; I feel like my Travel Bugs are an extended family; I dream
          about caching. I am actually getting to the point where as I approach a
          cache my sixth sense tells me where it is hidden and it is actually
          correct SOME of the time. Monitoring and even participating a little in
          this forum has let me know what a neat bunch of people cache and what a
          friendly bunch you are. So, thank you, and on to 200.

          bobchernow (Bob Chernow)

        • Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Xena, Gabrie
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 8, 2006
            I still remember when we hit 100!  The feeling was fabulous!  It actually was such a great feeling that it probably felt better than a 1000.  Really!

            Congratulations!  A 100 in 2 months is really spectacular!

            Penny
            Congrats!!  I know the feeling.  I finally made it past 100 this past week with Moosiegirl and The Outlaw.

            Yea, us!!  (Sorry, too much Disney ChannelÂ…)

            Renee/zenfire

            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 8, 2006
              Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Xena, Gabriel and Princess Jewel Nowak wrote:

[...]

              Well I can count to 100 but I just looked and it is actually 3 months, not 2. I guess time does fly well you are having a blast!

              bobchernow
            • Lowell Dennis
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 8, 2006
                Way to go!!!

                Congrats!! I know the feeling. I finally made it past 100 this past week with Moosiegirl and The Outlaw.

                Yea, us!! (Sorry, too much Disney Channel�)

                Renee/zenfire

                To all you old timers I know that 100 is small potatoes. I started less
                than 2 months ago and I am hooked. My truck has been converted to a
                CacheMobile; I feel like my Travel Bugs are an extended family; I dream
                about caching. I am actually getting to the point where as I approach a
                cache my sixth sense tells me where it is hidden and it is actually
                correct SOME of the time. Monitoring and even participating a little in
                this forum has let me know what a neat bunch of people cache and what a
                friendly bunch you are. So, thank you, and on to 200.

                bobchernow (Bob Chernow)

                No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 8, 2006
                  On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 12:36:13 -0500 Bob Chernow <bobchernow@...>
                  writes:
                  > To all you old timers I know that 100 is small potatoes. I started

                  I beg to differ -- that first 100 are the LARGEST potatoes.
                  Huzzah! Hooray! and in two months? Look out Hi_Dude98!!!!

                  @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                  If I ran the country, things would be a lot better.
                  Well, for me, anyway.
                  --Maxine (John Wagner)
                • Julie Perrine
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 8, 2006
                    Hey Bob, I DNF'd my first two caches!  And then I started with ONE.  The only reason I have more than you is because I started before you!  But you will probably catch up to me as soon as I meet a man who likes to dance.  Then, I'm OUTTA HERE!

                    Well, maybe not!
                    Have FUN!

                    On 7/8/06, Bob Chernow <bobchernow@...> wrote:

                    To all you old timers I know that 100 is small potatoes. I started less
                    than 2 months ago and I am hooked. My truck has been converted to a
                    CacheMobile; I feel like my Travel Bugs are an extended family; I dream
                    about caching. I am actually getting to the point where as I approach a
                    cache my sixth sense tells me where it is hidden and it is actually
                    correct SOME of the time. Monitoring and even participating a little in
                    this forum has let me know what a neat bunch of people cache and what a
                    friendly bunch you are. So, thank you, and on to 200.

                    bobchernow (Bob Chernow)

                  • Russell Johnson
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 8, 2006
                      Congratulations bobchernow!  I too just hit #100 the other day.  However it took me about 7 months.

                      Russ Johnson (aka Russ960)

                      --
                      Russell Johnson
                      http://russ.johnsonville.net
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jul 8, 2006
                        Russell Johnson wrote:

[...]

                        Well a hearty congrats to all of us 100 cachers then. Now on to 200!

                        bobchernow
                      • Barry Watson
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jul 8, 2006
                          Message
                          Congrats Bob!  Yes, I remember our first 100.  It felt like we actually had some experience and
                          could begin to size up cache areas and pinpoint potential hiding areas as we came to the area.

                          But you know what?  It only gets better!

                          Barry (Doc Geo)

                          Message 12 of 27 , Jul 8, 2006
                            All us "Old Timers" all started a 1. and we had to go through 100 to get to where we are. I will always remember my 100th find. It was a cache called Emma's a Goth Goddess and it was about 7 feet down a 40 foot cliff. I made it down there and back, and I swore I wouldn't do it again if someone stuck the keys to a new car in there. I couldn't tell you most of the other milestones I reached. I remember 1,000 for the people who were there, and I remember 5,000 because of the meaning of the cache. Milestones are special if you choose them to be. 100 finds IS special! Congratulations on your milestone.

                            Wayne.