SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE we can do to help Team Red Fox!

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2006

      You all know about the Pierce's (Team Red Fox) daughter Clarissa being in the hospital, having had successful liver surgery (for which we can be truly THANKFUL!), and on a long (4-6 week) road to recovery.

      Chuck and Michelle are eating THREE MEALS A DAY at the hospital, and it's gotten to be a real strain on their cash flow. Also, Michelle is simply not eating enough (Moms worry so much, it's not surprising!), so we want to put together some food trays with fruit (her favorite), veggies and dip, cheese and meat blocks, crackers, that kind of thing; so that we can encourage her to eat more.

      This is all tentative, based on what Anthony and Lynn find out when talking to Chuck and Michelle, but we'll need "financial aid" to pull it all together. If you can donate some money to buy goodies, or if you could help put things together, please EMAIL ME ... candylind AT email DOT com (you know how to put that together) OR call me on the hotline ... and let me know how you can help. If you want to send money to help buy the stuff, you can just PayPal me with a note that says "for Team Red Fox" or "for Clarissa".  I'm working on a couple of means of transporting the food to San Antonio, and Lynn thinks we can store it all at the Pierce's house.

      $$ for gas would help, too, since Anthony and Lynn have been making (and will continue to make) trips to the hospital at least daily. That's going to add up fast!

      Remember, Clarissa could be in the hospital for 4 to 6 weeks, so this will REALLY put a huge hole in the Pierce's wallet. Please do all you can to help!

      I'm sure Anthony will continue to keep us informed on Lynn's progress. Hey, Anthony, maybe you could set up a Blog on the SAGA website!

      Happy Trails! and get well soon, Clarissa!
      Candy Lind
      candylind@...
      I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!