Anyone know Tablespoons...

  • Grajek
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 4, 2006
      Anyone know Tablespoons...

      Does anyone know Tablespoons or “  HYPERLINK "mailto:tonyandrobin7@..." tonyandrobin7@... ???”

      Thanks

      Grajek

    • droid81
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 4, 2006
        They are just basically ignoring it. Redirectors are wrong, there
        is a dangerous beehive there. It has been in needs maintenance mode
        since it was put out there. I don't understand. It is an awesome
        concept and cool cache, just needs fine tuning and made more safe.
        They are nice folks, have met them twice on the trail and at TC06
        but for whatever reason they aren't doing anything with the cache.
        The anti-spam really chaps as well. One would think if you were
        going utilize such a system you would at least trust Geocaching.com.

        droid81

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek"
        <jgrajek@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know Tablespoons or " HYPERLINK
        > "mailto:tonyandrobin7@..." tonyandrobin7@... ???"
        >
        > There is a problem with one of their redirectors for "Where The
        Sidewalk
        > Ends" and it had to be moved. (Whole other story ) I tried to
        email
        > them via their profile at GC.COM but they have setup some anti-spam
        > <biting tongue> <thinking happy thoughts> and you have to register
        or
        > apply or <biting tongue again> to send them an email. For the
        answer to
        > the question you all are thinking right now, "I don't register for
        > things like that." Getting an email from me is a privilege. :-)
        >

        > Thanks
        > Grajek
        >
        > --
        6/2/2006

      • Chris, Penny, Logan and Liahm Nowak
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 4, 2006
          Cybercat and I did that cache recently...after reading the coords were 90
          feet off for the redirector...we wrote the corrected coords where the old
          coords are.

          Oh, if you guys get my posts 3 times...Sorry. I don't know why it is
          happening...gotta check with my ISP.
          Penny

          > They are just basically ignoring it. Redirectors are wrong, there
          > is a dangerous beehive there. It has been in needs maintenance mode
          > since it was put out there. I don't understand. It is an awesome
          > concept and cool cache, just needs fine tuning and made more safe.
          > They are nice folks, have met them twice on the trail and at TC06
          > but for whatever reason they aren't doing anything with the cache.
          > The anti-spam really chaps as well. One would think if you were
          > going utilize such a system you would at least trust Geocaching.com.
          >
          > droid81
          >
          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek"
          > <jgrajek@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Does anyone know Tablespoons or " HYPERLINK
          > > "mailto:tonyandrobin7@..." tonyandrobin7@... ???"
          > >
          > > There is a problem with one of their redirectors for "Where The
          > Sidewalk
          > > Ends" and it had to be moved. (Whole other story ) I tried to
          > email
          > > them via their profile at GC.COM but they have setup some anti-spam
          > > <biting tongue> <thinking happy thoughts> and you have to register
          > or
          > > apply or <biting tongue again> to send them an email. For the
          > answer to
          > > the question you all are thinking right now, "I don't register for
          > > things like that." Getting an email from me is a privilege. :-)
          > >

          > > Thanks
          > > Grajek
          > >
          > > --
          > 6/2/2006

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Grajek
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 4, 2006
            Agreed, why list your email on GC if your not going to accept emails?
            Some people fixed the Coords and they are spot on. I really do question
            the logic of redirector two's placement. Not even I would go that far
            placing a cache and I have some pretty rough "Be Careful" caches. :-)

            Oh well number 2 is only 10 feet away, or less, than it was before. It
            is not a "Geocaching Assisted Suicide" anymore. :0P

            <jgrajek@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone know Tablespoons or " HYPERLINK
            > "mailto:tonyandrobin7@..." tonyandrobin7@... ???"
            >
            > There is a problem with one of their redirectors for "Where The
            Sidewalk
            > Ends" and it had to be moved. (Whole other story ) I tried to
            email
            > them via their profile at GC.COM but they have setup some anti-spam
            > <biting tongue> <thinking happy thoughts> and you have to register
            or
            > apply or <biting tongue again> to send them an email. For the
            answer to
            > the question you all are thinking right now, "I don't register for
            > things like that." Getting an email from me is a privilege. :-)
            >

            > Thanks
            > Grajek
            >
            > --
            6/2/2006

          • Grajek
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 4, 2006
              Your new Coords are spot on, as are all the others.

              The "Darwin Award waiting to happen" had to be moved because I was not
              replacing it when it broke and fell. :-) Once was 1 time too many on
              that puppy. :-)

              > They are just basically ignoring it. Redirectors are wrong, there
              > is a dangerous beehive there. It has been in needs maintenance mode
              > since it was put out there. I don't understand. It is an awesome
              > concept and cool cache, just needs fine tuning and made more safe.
              > They are nice folks, have met them twice on the trail and at TC06
              > but for whatever reason they aren't doing anything with the cache.
              > The anti-spam really chaps as well. One would think if you were
              > going utilize such a system you would at least trust Geocaching.com.
              >
              > droid81
              >
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek"
              > <jgrajek@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Does anyone know Tablespoons or " HYPERLINK
              > > "mailto:tonyandrobin7@..." tonyandrobin7@... ???"
              > >
              > > There is a problem with one of their redirectors for "Where The
              > Sidewalk
              > > Ends" and it had to be moved. (Whole other story ) I tried to
              > email
              > > them via their profile at GC.COM but they have setup some anti-spam
              > > <biting tongue> <thinking happy thoughts> and you have to register
              > or
              > > apply or <biting tongue again> to send them an email. For the
              > answer to
              > > the question you all are thinking right now, "I don't register for
              > > things like that." Getting an email from me is a privilege. :-)
              > >

              > > Thanks
              > > Grajek
              > >
              > > --
              > 6/2/2006

            • mzmotomania
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 4, 2006
                I have Earthlink & I have turned on my spam blocker. I know it is a
                hassle in the beginning, but you don't necessarily "register" you
                send the email requesting to be added & the individual with the
                Earthlink account opts to put you on their list. After that no more
                hassles.

                I've met the Tablespoons several times at events & they don't appear
                to me as ones that would purposely dismiss emails.

                good luck!

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris, Penny, Logan

                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 4, 2006
                  I think it's wrong to move the redirector. Number 2 is part of what the
                  whole premise of the cache is. Doing what you would do when you're 10. I
                  would not like it if anyone changed a redirector position that
                  drastically...if I am inferring correctly where you moved it to. Some
                  caches are more challenging than others. That's why we have terrain
                  ratings. I cannot do all terrains...should those caches be moved? No. I
                  either improve my skills to be able to conquer that terrain or put the cache
                  on my ignore list. Redirector 2 is what made this multi more fun than just
                  your average 3 stage cache.
                  Penny

                  > Agreed, why list your email on GC if your not going to accept emails?
                  > Some people fixed the Coords and they are spot on. I really do question
                  > the logic of redirector two's placement. Not even I would go that far
                  > placing a cache and I have some pretty rough "Be Careful" caches. :-)
                  >
                  > Oh well number 2 is only 10 feet away, or less, than it was before. It
                  > is not a "Geocaching Assisted Suicide" anymore. :0P

                • Grajek
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 4, 2006
                    RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anyone know Tablespoons...

                    I guess I didn't make myself clear. There was no way to put the redirector back where it was. I am 6' 225 lbs and the damn was breaking while I was getting it, that is how I dropped it in the first place. This is why I asked for the person to respond so they can do something about it. I didn't want to move it but I had no choice. Where do you get off accusing me of screwing up someone's cache. If you think it is such a tragedy that I will not risk my life and 4 back surgeries to climb out on a broken branch I suggest you go out and risk it. The terrain rating on this one should have been a 1 maybe 1.5 I have 40+ 4 and 5's than you will ever think of doing. You need to get your facts straight.

                    I will expect a log post on the cache page by tomorrow night from you stating you went out and repaired the tree, the device that was holding the redirector and made it the way it was before I screwed it all up.

                    > Agreed, why list your email on GC if your not going to accept emails?

                    > Some people fixed the Coords and they are spot on. I really do question

                    > the logic of redirector two's placement. Not even I would go that far

                    > placing a cache and I have some pretty rough "Be Careful" caches. :-)

                    > Oh well number 2 is only 10 feet away, or less, than it was before. It

                    > is not a "Geocaching Assisted Suicide" anymore. :0P

                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/YltolB/TM

                  • cybercat
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 4, 2006
                      RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anyone know Tablespoons...
                      Let me intervene here before WWIII ensues. I was the lucky person who got to climb the tree ( it was wet, and slippery, even)  I barely made it up high enough to grab the little sucker and when i did, the string popped off of it.  I wrapped a piece of camo tape around the whole thing to hold it together.   Last time I saw it, it was way up in that tree, barely reachable and the coords were WAY off.   If the branch broke while you were getting it, then you had no choice but to put it back as close as you could, which is what I guess you did.....
                      Peace

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 4, 2006
                        RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anyone know Tablespoons...
                        No, you didn't make yourself clear.  This is what you wrote...

                        "I really do question the logic of redirector two's placement. Not even I would go that far placing a cache and I have some pretty rough "Be Careful" caches. :-)"

                        Sounds like (from that statement) that you didn't like the whole setup.  It was my misunderstanding of your situation that prompted me to defend the sanctity of cache placement.  Changing another person's cache setup just because you don't like it and/or can't get to it is wrong.  Putting a redirector in another spot because the house is crashing down around you is absolutely the right thing to do.  So we are in agreement there.
                        I don't understand your hostility.  My opinions may not be shared or liked by you or anyone else on this forum.  Take them or leave them.
                        I am not accustomed to having demands made of me by strangers and I find it very odd that you feel that you are in a position to expect anything from me.

                        Penny

                        I guess I didn't make myself clear. There was no way to put the redirector back where it was. I am 6' 225 lbs and the damn was breaking while I was getting it, that is how I dropped it in the first place. This is why I asked for the person to respond so they can do something about it. I didn't want to move it but I had no choice. Where do you get off accusing me of screwing up someone's cache. If you think it is such a tragedy that I will not risk my life and 4 back surgeries to climb out on a broken branch I suggest you go out and risk it. The terrain rating on this one should have been a 1 maybe 1.5 I have 40+ 4 and 5's than you will ever think of doing. You need to get your facts straight.

                        I will expect a log post on the cache page by tomorrow night from you stating you went out and repaired the tree, the device that was holding the redirector and made it the way it was before I screwed it all up.

                        > Agreed, why list your email on GC if your not going to accept emails?

                        > Some people fixed the Coords and they are spot on. I really do question

                        > the logic of redirector two's placement. Not even I would go that far

                        > placing a cache and I have some pretty rough "Be Careful" caches. :-)

                        > Oh well number 2 is only 10 feet away, or less, than it was before. It

                        > is not a "Geocaching Assisted Suicide" anymore. :0P

                      • Mary Beth Booth
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 5, 2006
                          RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anyone know Tablespoons...
                          I am really confused. We did that cache not long after it was published and we didn't have to climb at all - at the 2nd redirector, the coords for the 3rd redirector were painted on the boards that are nailed way up in the tree. They were really hard to see way up there, but Pat squinted enough so that she could make them out from the ground. And obviously, they were the right coords because we found the final. And if we had our binoculars with us, it would have been a piece of cake. So what's the deal with climbing the tree and grabbing "the little sucker" and the string popping off? I don't get it.

                          Mary Beth

                          Let me intervene here before WWIII ensues. I was the lucky person who got to climb the tree ( it was wet, and slippery, even)  I barely made it up high enough to grab the little sucker and when i did, the string popped off of it.  I wrapped a piece of camo tape around the whole thing to hold it together.   Last time I saw it, it was way up in that tree, barely reachable and the coords were WAY off.   If the branch broke while you were getting it, then you had no choice but to put it back as close as you could, which is what I guess you did.....
                          Peace
                          I guess I didn't make myself clear. There was no way to put the redirector back where it was. I am 6' 225 lbs and the damn was breaking while I was getting it, that is how I dropped it in the first place. This is why I asked for the person to respond so they can do something about it. I didn't want to move it but I had no choice. Where do you get off accusing me of screwing up someone's cache. If you think it is such a tragedy that I will not risk my life and 4 back surgeries to climb out on a broken branch I suggest you go out and risk it. The terrain rating on this one should have been a 1 maybe 1.5 I have 40+ 4 and 5's than you will ever think of doing. You need to get your facts straight.

                          I will expect a log post on the cache page by tomorrow night from you stating you went out and repaired the tree, the device that was holding the redirector and made it the way it was before I screwed it all up.

                          > Agreed, why list your email on GC if your not going to accept emails?

                          > Some people fixed the Coords and they are spot on. I really do question

                          > the logic of redirector two's placement. Not even I would go that far

                          > placing a cache and I have some pretty rough "Be Careful" caches. :-)

                          > Oh well number 2 is only 10 feet away, or less, than it was before. It

                          > is not a "Geocaching Assisted Suicide" anymore. :0P

                        • Brent
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 5, 2006
                            I was thinking the very same things when I read these posts! I
                            emailed all three people who wrote these posts asking the same
                            questions you did, but haven't heard back from them yet. Also,
                            Tablespoon disabled it this morning, and says he is going to change
                            it yet again. I guess with this cache you get a slightly different
                            version depending on when you find it.

                            Brent

                            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Beth Booth"
                            <mbb2001@...> wrote:

                            > RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anyone know Tablespoons...I am
                            really confused. We did that cache not long after it was published
                            and we didn't have to climb at all - at the 2nd redirector, the
                            coords for the 3rd redirector were painted on the boards that are
                            nailed way up in the tree. They were really hard to see way up
                            there, but Pat squinted enough so that she could make them out from
                            the ground. And obviously, they were the right coords because we
                            found the final. And if we had our binoculars with us, it would have
                            been a piece of cake. So what's the deal with climbing the tree and
                            grabbing "the little sucker" and the string popping off? I don't get
                            it.

                            > Mary Beth

                            Tablespoons...

                            Date: 6/2/2006

                            Date: 6/2/2006

                            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                            >

                            > --

                            6/2/2006

                            > --
                            6/2/2006

                            estate City park hotel sant just
                            > Central texas college online Central texas college
                            distance learning Outdoors

                            > c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
                            Terms of Service.

                            ---------

                          • cybercat
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jun 5, 2006
                              I guess there were 2 redirectors.  The first one took us to an old wooden pallet leaning up against a tree with numbers written on it.  The second one was 80 feet off and about 20 feet up in a tree--a little yellow tube hanging on a string.  The tree was very climbable, but it was wet the day we did it and I was scared I was going to slip off.  I made Penny stand directly underneath me so if I fell, she could break my fall. LOL

                              Message 14 of 15 , Jun 5, 2006
                                RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anyone know Tablespoons...
                                Jana-
                                Interesting. We found the same first redirector that you did, but the second one was totally different. Guess Tablespoons changed it somewhere along the way. Maybe we were supposed to climb up to see the coords & since we could see them from the ground, TBS decided to change it to the hanging yellow tube. Would have had to scratch taht one off the list - can't see either Pat or me climbing 20 feet up into a tree! Love geocaching - but not that much!
                                MB

                                Message 15 of 15 , Jun 5, 2006
                                  RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anyone know Tablespoons...

                                  My apologies then. Most everyone knows me well enough to know I would never move someone’s cache on a whim.