Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Team Red Fox - BLOOD DONATIONS

  • palbers@austin.rr.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2006
      I am O+ and will give blood on Monday and direct the donatoin
      as indicated below.

      Thanks for the email regarding this.

      -paul
      HiDude_98

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 4, 2006
        I can't get over to the blood center Monday or Tuesday but I will see if I
        can find a couple of people to go in my place. Do you know if any Blood &
        Tissue center can take the donation or does the donation have to be
        completed in San Antonio? My mother is near Houston and was wondering if it
        would transfer.

        Feel free to mail me off list.

        zenfire

      • Anthony V
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 4, 2006
          Blood can be donated at any blood donation center nation wide,
          Just make sure to let them know who you are donating for.

          Anthony

          I can't get over to the blood center Monday or Tuesday but I will see if I
          can find a couple of people to go in my place. Do you know if any Blood &
          Tissue center can take the donation or does the donation have to be
          completed in San Antonio? My mother is near Houston and was wondering if it
          would transfer.

          Feel free to mail me off list.

          zenfire

          ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> You
          can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free. See how.
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/YltolB/TM
        • Renee
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 4, 2006
            I made some calls and sent some emails to people that I know donate. Hope
            someone can help.

            zenfire
            Renee

          • Candy Lind
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2006

              SORRY, ANTHONY!! I said I'd get this posted and dropped the ball. :">:(:">

              If you are a regular blood donor, and deposits are put in an account in your name, I believe you can arrange to have units transferred to another person, so if it's too soon for you to donate, you might check out that option. The more units we can give Clarissa, the easier it will be on her folks. GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE! GIVE BLOOD!

              Happy Trails,
              Candy

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "anthonyv_satx" <anthonyv_satx@...> wrote:

              > Team Red Fox - BLOOD DONATIONS
              > Please help!
              >
              > If possible please make a blood donation early this week to help out
              > Clarissa of Team Red Fox. She is scheduled to have surgery on
              > Tuesday, and needs our help.
              >
              > Please make a donation for:
              > Clarissa Pierce
              > @ Methodist Children's Hospital
              > 7700 Floyd Curl Drive
              > San Antonio , TX 78229
              > Telephone: (210) 575-7000
              >
              > Find a blood location center near you:
              > South Texas Blood & Tissue Center
              > http://www.bloodntissue.org/locations.asp
              >
              > Your blood type does not matter. The blood bank will provide her
              > with same amount of blood collected in her mane. PLEASE make sure to
              > let the blood collector know that you are donating in her name!
              >
              > Thanks....
              >
              > Anthony

            • Cindy
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 5, 2006
                I went today and there is a place at the bottom of the form that you complete where you can write the name and hospital of the patient you want that donation to go towards.

                Cindy

                On 6/5/06, Candy Lind <candylind@...> wrote:

                SORRY, ANTHONY!! I said I'd get this posted and dropped the ball. :">:( :">

                If you are a regular blood donor, and deposits are put in an account in your name, I believe you can arrange to have units transferred to another person, so if it's too soon for you to donate, you might check out that option. The more units we can give Clarissa, the easier it will be on her folks. GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE! GIVE BLOOD!

                Happy Trails,
                Candy

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "anthonyv_satx" <anthonyv_satx@...> wrote:

                > Team Red Fox - BLOOD DONATIONS
                > Please help!
                >
                > If possible please make a blood donation early this week to help out
                > Clarissa of Team Red Fox. She is scheduled to have surgery on
                > Tuesday, and needs our help.
                >
                > Please make a donation for:
                > Clarissa Pierce
                > @ Methodist Children's Hospital
                > 7700 Floyd Curl Drive
                > San Antonio , TX 78229
                > Telephone: (210) 575-7000
                >
                > Find a blood location center near you:
                > South Texas Blood & Tissue Center
                > http://www.bloodntissue.org/locations.asp
                >
                > Your blood type does not matter. The blood bank will provide her
                > with same amount of blood collected in her mane. PLEASE make sure to
                > let the blood collector know that you are donating in her name!
                >
                > Thanks....
                >
                > Anthony

                • Just ask
                  Message 7 of 9 , Jun 5, 2006
                    I think the surgery will be on wednesday. but you can contact the
                    local blood and tissue center for more information about donating
                    blood. if you are in the nw side of san antonio or in the area there
                    is a blood bank and 4410 medical drive suite 220. hrs are 9-5 tues
                    for more informations for the san anotnio blood bank the phone # is
                    210 731 5555 options 6 and options 3 there is one on the ne side of
                    san antionio.

                    I hate needles, but found out they are very nice about it, this is
                    not my 1st time donate, but 1st in the main office alway donate at
                    the mobile

                    our prayer are you tm red fox and wish a speedy recovery for
                    clarissa.
                    lynn aka ms. teddybear

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Cindy <cindyfrag@...>
                    wrote:

                    > I went today and there is a place at the bottom of the form that
                    you
                    > complete where you can write the name and hospital of the patient
                    you want
                    > that donation to go towards.
                    >
                    > Cindy
                    >

                    > On 6/5/06, Candy Lind <candylind@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > SORRY, ANTHONY!! I said I'd get this posted and dropped the
                    ball. [image:
                    > > :">][image: :(][image: :">]
                    > >
                    > > If you are a regular blood donor, and deposits are put in an
                    account in
                    > > your name, I believe you can arrange to have units transferred
                    to another
                    > > person, so if it's too soon for you to donate, you might check
                    out that
                    > > option. The more units we can give Clarissa, the easier it will
                    be on her
                    > > folks. GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE! GIVE BLOOD!
                    > >
                    > > Happy Trails,
                    > > Candy
                    > >
                    > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "anthonyv_satx"
                    > > <anthonyv_satx@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Team Red Fox - BLOOD DONATIONS
                    > > > Please help!
                    > > >
                    > > > If possible please make a blood donation early this week to
                    help out
                    > > > Clarissa of Team Red Fox. She is scheduled to have surgery on
                    > > > Tuesday, and needs our help.
                    > > >
                    > > > Please make a donation for:
                    > > > Clarissa Pierce
                    > > > @ Methodist Children's Hospital
                    > > > 7700 Floyd Curl Drive
                    > > > San Antonio , TX 78229
                    > > > Telephone: (210) 575-7000
                    > > >
                    > > > Find a blood location center near you:
                    > > > South Texas Blood & Tissue Center
                    > > > http://www.bloodntissue.org/locations.asp
                    > > >
                    > > > Your blood type does not matter. The blood bank will provide
                    her
                    > > > with same amount of blood collected in her mane. PLEASE make
                    sure to
                    > > > let the blood collector know that you are donating in her name!
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks....
                    > > >
                    > > > Anthony

                    t=ms&k=City+park+rental+vacation&w1=City+park+rental+vacation&w2=Cent
                    ral+texas+real+estate&w3=City+park+hotel+sant+just&w4=Central+texas+c
                    ollege+online&w5=Central+texas+college+distance+learning&w6=Outdoors&
                    c=6&s=186&.sig=vx3a3eqaixOT6ihFIpvcmA> Central
                    > > texas real estate<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Central+texas+real+estate&w1=City+park+rental+vacation&w2=Cent
                    ral+texas+real+estate&w3=City+park+hotel+sant+just&w4=Central+texas+c
                    ollege+online&w5=Central+texas+college+distance+learning&w6=Outdoors&
                    c=6&s=186&.sig=bJTLXVR-hESN0h13uj4E4A> City
                    > > park hotel sant just<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=City+park+hotel+sant+just&w1=City+park+rental+vacation&w2=Cent
                    ral+texas+real+estate&w3=City+park+hotel+sant+just&w4=Central+texas+c
                    ollege+online&w5=Central+texas+college+distance+learning&w6=Outdoors&
                    c=6&s=186&.sig=hKBvuo1R2LGs3bGzV9H7pw> Central
                    > > texas college online<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Central+texas+college+online&w1=City+park+rental+vacation&w2=C
                    entral+texas+real+estate&w3=City+park+hotel+sant+just&w4=Central+texa
                    s+college+online&w5=Central+texas+college+distance+learning&w6=Outdoo
                    rs&c=6&s=186&.sig=7PcD6TPWoxns8VlO77JpyQ> Central
                    > > texas college distance learning<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Central+texas+college+distance+learning&w1=City+park+rental+va
                    cation&w2=Central+texas+real+estate&w3=City+park+hotel+sant+just&w4=C
                    entral+texas+college+online&w5=Central+texas+college+distance+learnin
                    g&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=186&.sig=sXat_ukT6FukildYqspD7A>
                    > > Outdoors<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=City+park+rental+vacation&w2=Central+texas+real+es
                    tate&w3=City+park+hotel+sant+just&w4=Central+texas+college+online&w5=
                    Central+texas+college+distance+learning&w6=Outdoors&c=6&s=186&.sig=1V
                    nGHwZXlqOTXKuXp1cXHA>
                    xasGeocachers>"

                    unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<CentralTexasGeocachers-

                    Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
                    > > .
                    > >

                    > > ------------------------------

                  • Chuck P.
                    Message 8 of 9 , Jun 9, 2006
                      Just a little update on this, I know that there has been little
                      information lately, and for us the parents, the update process has
                      been very slow, as the more the doctors research, the more they find
                      that they are working with something that is very rare, and our
                      doctors continue to work with other doctors around the country to
                      find corrleations in what was, and what caused the clot to form.

                      For the next 3 days or so, there is not a whole lot for us to do, as
                      Clarissa has a full time, dedicated nurse attending to her,
                      unfourntantly for us, that means with all the equipment, there is
                      only room for one person in the ICU to remain comfortable. Clarissa
                      really needs her mom, and mom really needs me, so we can all attempt
                      to function like the family unit we were. There are a lot of other
                      issues that I will share with Anthony and Lynn later tonight.
                      This makes 15 days in the hospital, with an expceted 30 - 45 days
                      more of recovery from the surgery.

                      Please keep the emails coming, I am working on a diary of sorts that
                      I can present to Clarissa later that shows despite all the procedures
                      she has been through, and all the recovery that remains ahead, that a
                      WHOLE LOT more than her immediate family is thinking about her.
                      I have never hosted an event, nor ever thought of doing one for the
                      family, however I am really thinking about doing one for Clarissa
                      when she gets out, and would like to go camping, as this is one of
                      her favorite things, along with caching.
                      Team Red Fox
                      aka Charles/Michelle/Clarissa

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Just ask"