Free Argentina MapSource Maps and more!

  • dhadad
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3 5:14 PM
      This morning at the hike in SW Austin I mentioned to some folks that
      I'm going to Argentina in December (it's where I'm from) to visit
      family and had found a great website with free routable MapSource maps
      of the WHOLE COUNTRY!!

      Here it is: http://www.proyectomapear.com.ar/index.php

      You can select the interface language in a box on the right hand
      side-- you also have to get a free account to be able to download the
      file.

      The file (13MB) did take a while to download I think because of low
      server speed at their end so I have it if anyone doesn't want to
      bother getting an account from that site.

      It just pays to search the web because there are plenty of geeks (like
      us) out there that put together this kind of thing.

      Anyone find a free set of maps for Europe yet? That's where I'd like
      to go next!! (I'm jealous Tanya).

      Incidentally, on the proyectomapear website I found a link to another
      really cool site: http://www.terrainmap.com/. It's a site dedicated
      to Digital Elevation Modeling, i.e. 3-D map-making.

      Enjoy,

      Dan (Inspector Gadget)