cute geo-joke

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2002
      The teacher of the earth science class was lecturing on map reading.
      After explaining about latitude, longitude, degrees and minutes the
      teacher asked, "Suppose I asked you to meet me for lunch at 23
      degrees, 4 minutes north latitude and 45 degrees, 15 minutes east
      longitude...?"

      After a confused silence, a voice volunteered, "I guess you'd be
      eating alone."
    • Angry Armadillo
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2002
        --- Candy Lind <candylind@...> wrote:
        > The teacher of the earth science class was lecturing
        > on map reading.
        > After explaining about latitude, longitude, degrees
        > and minutes the
        > teacher asked, "Suppose I asked you to meet me for
        > lunch at 23
        > degrees, 4 minutes north latitude and 45 degrees, 15
        > minutes east
        > longitude...?"
        >
        > After a confused silence, a voice volunteered, "I
        > guess you'd be
        > eating alone."

        There's 8 caches within 100 miles of that spot in the
        middle of Saudi Arabia. :-) Actually not too bad
        considering the location.

        Tony

        http://launch.yahoo.com/u2
      • Candy Lind
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2002
          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@y..., Angry Armadillo
          <angryarmadillo@y...> wrote:

          > There's 8 caches within 100 miles of that spot in the
          > middle of Saudi Arabia. :-) Actually not too bad
          > considering the location.
          >
          > Tony

          Geeez, Tony, we REALLY need to work on getting you a job!!!

          Candy