The 1st Austin Webcam Geocache!

  • GPS Dude
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2002

      Hello fellow Geocachers…

      Since many of you will be visiting Austin this weekend Charlotte and I just wanted to let you know about the 1st Austin Webcam Geocache (I think there are only 4 webcam caches in Texas)!  It was just approved today and we hope you will enjoy the puzzle.  It is really an Offset Webcam cache because there are 3 legs to the cache.  It is not your ordinary cache adventure as you must solve a few puzzles while learning about your GPSr functions (can you say “Waypoint Projection?).  Although it is only our second cache to hide, we think you will enjoy the challenge.

      The cache is called “Walk Like An Egyptian” because when you locate the web camera, you have to do the Egyptian Hieroglyphic pose on the internet webcam to prove your were there!  Please peruse the newest geocache of its kind in Austin at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=41571

      Will YOU be the first?

      Scott & Charlotte of Team GeoDillo