New Alias

  • A Allen (CMIYC327)
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2006
      Well its official folks, I have changed my geocaching name to:
      SEMIK I was drubbed, I mean, dubbed this by GeoMire after a
      conversation we had on Feb 15th at the Manor Water Tower cache
      (GCTEXM) that HiDude_98 placed. And, well, it just kinda stuck.

      I often have to type my username and was growing weary of the 18
      character alias, cachemeifyoucan327. The only reason I had to put
      327 in the name was because there are half a dozen aliases similar
      to it. So, I changed my name to the very unique name: SEMIK. I'll
      at least be the first geocacher to be named this on
      geocaching.com. ..not to mention 5 characters is so much quicker,
      maybe I'll have a better chance at some of these austin FTFs ;)

      So, please don't erase any of my logs should you come across the old
      or new name. They are both me and I will now begin signing logs as
      SEMIK (hmm, we'll have to change our stamp too -- the next one will
      cost less!).
    • Nick Silkey
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2006
        So, whats the story behind the new name? :)

        As for old logs, the site should update your old logs with your new
        name. From my experience, the cache page will be updated with the new
        name once someone else logs a find on the cache page.

        On 4/30/06, A Allen (CMIYC327) <al_allen327@...> wrote:
        > Well its official folks, I have changed my geocaching name to:
        > SEMIK I was drubbed, I mean, dubbed this by GeoMire after a
        > conversation we had on Feb 15th at the Manor Water Tower cache
        > (GCTEXM) that HiDude_98 placed. And, well, it just kinda stuck.
        >
        > I often have to type my username and was growing weary of the 18
        > character alias, cachemeifyoucan327. The only reason I had to put
        > 327 in the name was because there are half a dozen aliases similar
        > to it. So, I changed my name to the very unique name: SEMIK. I'll
        > at least be the first geocacher to be named this on
        > geocaching.com. ..not to mention 5 characters is so much quicker,
        > maybe I'll have a better chance at some of these austin FTFs ;)
        >
        > So, please don't erase any of my logs should you come across the old
        > or new name. They are both me and I will now begin signing logs as
        > SEMIK (hmm, we'll have to change our stamp too -- the next one will
        > cost less!).
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Nick Silkey
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2006

          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2006
            On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:40:51 -0000 "A Allen (CMIYC327)"
            <al_allen327@...> writes:
            > Well its official folks, I have changed my geocaching name to:
            > SEMIK I was drubbed, I mean, dubbed this by GeoMire after a

            SEMIK?
            Pardon the dunce--er dense-- er, really tired. Que?

            I don't know if I'm politically right or left, but everybody seems to
            think I'm definitely off-center. --Bob Thaves; Frank and Ernest(r)