visiting Austin

  • Rowan Fairgrove
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2006
      I had meant to post something earlier but life got crazy these last
      few weeks. So tonight I hit Austin for a few days of family craziness.
      My folks live right near Balcones Park so I know I'll be hitting those
      caches.

      My Dad is talking about going out to Lake LBJ so I may even get the
      one out on the water. That would be a first for me.

      I'm sorry there aren't any events in your area as I've love to meet
      some local folks.

      Look for "Geocache Gypsy" sig items in local caches. And even a couple
      travelling coins if all goes as planned.

      RowanF
      Geocache Gypsy
    • Nick Silkey
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2006
        How long will you be in Austin? I ask as there is an event scheduled
        for this weekend. Spring Fling Pavillion Potlock- Texas Cachers
        (GCTZTT) kicks off around 11am until whenever.

        If you speak of the Balcones Park at Amherst/Duval in NW Austin, the
        following are nearby and worth your time:
        Please Mr... by nedry (GCK8GD)
        'Round the Bases by Stratman & the Hoot (GCQFNQ)
        Bring Your Own Lawn Chair by Stratman & the Hoot (GCQD02)
        Rock, Paper, ...no Scissors by Team GeoDillo (GCPX65)
        Looking for Love (In All the Wrong Places) by Stratman & the Hoot (GCPXMN)

        Of course all of the hides in BDP are fun to hike to.

        Enjoy!

        On 4/5/06, Rowan Fairgrove <rowanf@...> wrote:
        > I had meant to post something earlier but life got crazy these last
        > few weeks. So tonight I hit Austin for a few days of family craziness.
        > My folks live right near Balcones Park so I know I'll be hitting those
        > caches.
        >
        > My Dad is talking about going out to Lake LBJ so I may even get the
        > one out on the water. That would be a first for me.
        >
        > I'm sorry there aren't any events in your area as I've love to meet
        > some local folks.
        >
        > Look for "Geocache Gypsy" sig items in local caches. And even a couple
        > travelling coins if all goes as planned.
        >
        > RowanF
        > Geocache Gypsy
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Chase Kyner
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2006
          The cache in Lake LBJ is a great one!  Hope you get to do it.  Happy caching!

          chaselori

          Rowan Fairgrove <rowanf@...> wrote:
          I had meant to post something earlier but life got crazy these last
          few weeks. So tonight I hit Austin for a few days of family craziness.
          My folks live right near Balcones Park so I know I'll be hitting those
          caches.

          My Dad is talking about going out to Lake LBJ so I may even get the
          one out on the water. That would be a first for me.

          I'm sorry there aren't any events in your area as I've love to meet
          some local folks.

          Look for "Geocache Gypsy" sig items in local caches. And even a couple
          travelling coins if all goes as planned.

          RowanF
          Geocache Gypsy

          City park rental vacationCentral texas real estateCity park hotel sant just
          Central texas college onlineCentral texas college distance learningOutdoors

        • Rowan Fairgrove
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6, 2006
            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Chase Kyner
            <chaselori@...> wrote:

            > The cache in Lake LBJ is a great one! Hope you get to do it. Happy
            caching!

            > chaselori

            Thanks! We did it this afternoon with my Dad's bass boat. It was
            something! My first ever water cache. We have some sea kayakers out my
            way who place water caches but I don't have a boat myself.

            Rowan
          • Rowan Fairgrove
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 6, 2006
              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Silkey"
              <nsilkey@...> wrote:

              > How long will you be in Austin? I ask as there is an event scheduled
              > for this weekend. Spring Fling Pavillion Potlock- Texas Cachers
              > (GCTZTT) kicks off around 11am until whenever.

              Hmm. My Dad says that's about 25 miles from their house. I'll see if I
              can borrow a car. Maybe I'll make it! I fly back on Sunday.

              Rowan
            • Curtis Wyman
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 6, 2006
                Hey Nick,

                Thanks for the mentions!!! Like I always say, "Everybody Loves Filler!"

                Ciao Y'all