GC.com is down?RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] What an adventure!!

  • Barry Watson
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
      Message
      Looks like GC.com is down.  I wonder if it is under a DOS attack....

      Barry
    • Nick Silkey
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
        They have a video on the front page of the site. They splash some
        stats in the video. One of the stats they drop is average tour time:
        1h45m.

        On 4/1/06, Chris, Penny, Logan and Liahm Nowak <nowak@...> wrote:

        > That looks really fun. The site said it was $60 / person. How long is the tour?
        >
        > Penny

      • Nick Silkey
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
          DDoS sounds more like it... of GC junkies overloading their paltry
          number of servers. ;)

          Sigh. This sounds like a case for Jeremy & Co to invest in some
          layer-4 load-balancing solutions.

          On 4/1/06, Barry Watson <bcwatson@...> wrote:

          > Looks like GC.com is down. I wonder if it is under a DOS attack....
          >
          > Barry

          > City park rental vacation Central texas real estate City park hotel sant just
          > Central texas college online Central texas college distance learning Outdoors

          > ________________________________
        • Criselda Miller
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2006
            Ive clicked on everything on the front page and can't find the video

            Nick Silkey <nsilkey@...> wrote:
            They have a video on the front page of the site.  They splash some
            stats in the video.  One of the stats they drop is average tour time:
            1h45m.

            On 4/1/06, Chris, Penny, Logan and Liahm Nowak <nowak@...> wrote:

            > That looks really fun.  The site said it was  $60 / person.  How long is the tour?
            >
            > Penny

          • Nick Silkey
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2006
              Theres an image on the bottom right of the frontpage
              (http://www.cypressvalleycanopytours.com/images/video-link.jpg). It
              links you to the video
              (http://www.cypressvalleycanopytours.com/video/cypress-valley.wmv).