Mighty Threelanes has Struck Out! and micro-cache discussion

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 24, 2002
      I'm certainly sorry to see "Three Strikes You're Out" go away, Tom. I
      hope you'll come up with another location for a fun micro sometime
      soon!

      I have been trying to think of something fun to do with a series of
      micro-caches, but haven't had the lightening strike yet. I would like
      to hear what you all have found in the way of micro-caches that were
      NOT film canisters. I've seen an Altoids tin and some of those AOL CD
      Tins used for micros or redirectors. I have heard of people using
      waterproof match holders and even those little teensy plastic doodads
      that the Listerine Breath Strips come in (wow, hard find!). Anything
      else you've seen that you thought worked well, or things you've
      actually tried? What DIDN'T work?

      Speaking of micros, we are looking along our route to VA for caches
      to hit on the way, and some guy has hidden 29 ... COUNT 'EM ... 29
      micros! in the Nashville area. Apparently they are small Praetorian
      Guards/Roman Soldiers. I'm hoping we will pick up a few of them as we
      go through, just to see what they are like. If you want to see his
      list, just do a search on the word "Praetorian" -- I doubt you'll get
      any others but his! :-) And if you are heading for Nashville and
      would like a Mapsource file of them, shoot me an email!

      Happy Trails,
      Candy
    • Rich Wendling
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 24, 2002
        I guess I'll cross this one off my list for the NTGA Road Trip... ;-(

        Rich
        aka Web-ling

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@y..., "Candy Lind" <candylind@e...>