Re: follow up on the termite warning

  • mzmotomania
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      You beat me to it, Barb. I use Snopes.com, too. Great minds think
      alike. :)

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barb Jernigan
      <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

      > http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/termites.asp
      >
      > Right now it's "undetermined" and "plausible"
      > And LSU did issue a warning.
      > However, there's no proof that the mulch you buy at Home Depot and
      Lowes
      > will be infected. (I would *think* the potential for lawsuits
      would stop
      > 'em in their tracks, and/or that the mulch would be irradiated or
      > something.]
      >
      > The article put up my red flags, because it reads like so many
      internet
      > near truths, which, unfortunately, defame companies that don't
      deserve
      > it.
      > I'll watch snopes and see if they come to any deeper conclusions.
      >
      > But -- do be careful. [I don't use mulch myself.]
      >
      > @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
      > You do not really understand something unless you can explain it
      to your
      > grandmother. --Albert Einstein
      > ...every mechanical device ever built understands Assembler coding,
      > especially when spoken in a strong ballpeen accent. --R. Clayton
      McKee

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
        =lol=
        They only put the article up yesterday, so I'd emailed the email for
        verification (having found nothing (yet) on the web regarding it).
        It's too bad, we get so much "noise" that it's hard to suss out the real
        signal these days.