Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: TC-06 T-shirts

  • kj millard
    Message 1 of 44 , Feb 2, 2006
      how about several languages in a spiral towards an X in front ot the logo?..
      Message 44 of 44 , Feb 10, 2006
        My opinion is that San Jacinto, Bexar, Rio Grande, etc. were all part
        of the regional dialect we call Texican (it's the one you don't speak
        in Mexico, because it's Spanish made English...) :)

        grn beret 2b

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barb Jernigan
        <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

        > On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:01:10 -0000 "B..." <bcwatson@...>
        > writes:
        > > Well, of course it's regional... and cultural!
        > > Ya got the northerners that live up around Dallas (too close to
        > > Oklahoma? ;-) ), ya got the Louisiana influence over in the east
        > > side
        > > of Texas, ya got the Spanish-Mexican influence down south and out
        in

        > > the west ya got the cowboys. Then of course ya got all them
        > > transplants who think they know everything about being Texan....
        > >
        > > Y'all vs. Ya'll is no differnt than skillet/frying pan or
        > > ta-may-toe/toe-may-toe.
        >
        > Yes, but if we call the whole thing off then we must part
        > Yes, but if we call the whole thing off then that would break my
        > heart....
        > =cough=
        >
        > > But I will always remember visiting my
        > > granma
        > > in suthern Ohio who wood say to me: "I want a pikchure. Let me
        go

        > =nodding=
        >
        > > fetch my camree...." And I still cringe when I heard a
        newscaster
        > > mention one of Austin's streets as "San Jah-sin-toe" instead of
        > > "San Ha-seen-toe".... northerners.... ugh...
        >
        > I thought the San Jah-sin-toe was a Texan thing.... as my Californio
        > accent betrays me.
        > Lived on the slopes of Mount San Ha-ceen-to....
        >
        > Del Nort (spelled Del Norte --> you and I would say Del Nor-tay)
        county
        > in Northern-Northern CA is particular about not putting on
        that 'ay' Just
        > as an outsider would say Mahnor when refering to Maynor (Manor).
        Figure