Getting GC data ASAP (as in 'on-the-trail')

  • Nick Silkey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2006
      Long story short, I really saved myself the trouble (read: frustrated
      fiance) of racing to be FTF on Chicken Coop thanks to Opera. See, my
      phone used to render the GC site HORRIBLY. Moreover, the GC WAP never
      worked either (thanks GC Javascript!)

      What the devil am I talking about?

      Essentially I was able to check the cache page and see HopiGod's FTF
      log when I was en route to my car _before_ making the trip to ground
      zero. I was able to do so thanks to Opera Mini. Opera Mini is an
      application that you can more than likely run on your cellular
      telephone. This program was just released and it is WONDERFUL at
      taking pages that wouldnt render on conventional phones and strip them
      down to where they are simply functional.

      http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/operamini/campaign/

      All I had to go on my Sprint Sanyo SCP-5500 / VM4500 was go to
      http://mini.opera.com/ on my phone's browser. A little download, and
      viola!

      Again, this is pure heaven for a non-Treo, non-Blackberry user. If
      your phone can rock Java (likely it can if its moderately late model),
      it can run Opera Mini. You can check if OM will work with your cell
      phone via http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/operamini/phones/ ...

      Hope this helps some of you out there ... I know it did for me. :)

      NOTE: Opera Mini will not save you from fake logs. :/

      --
      Nick Silkey
      a.k.a. filler of 'filler & bcat'