The Texas Challenge Team needs your help.

  • Wayne Lind
    Message 1 of 56 , Jan 19, 2006
      Hi,
      I am coordinating the team which is working to make the Texas Challenge 06
      the one everyone will compare future and past challenges to. At the moment
      we have a small group of dedicated and motivated individuals who are working
      to organize the event. As the Challenge draws closer, we are looking for
      some additonal people who have some time and talent to devote to volunteer
      to help make TC06 one for the books. Right now we have volunteers from both
      Austin and San Antonio, and most of the meetings are being done via Yahoo
      chat session to avoid excess travel and inconvenience. We are looking for
      help on the teams listed below:

      Facilities
      Fund Raising
      Promotions
      Events
      Fun Hides

      If you would like to help, please email me off the forum and I will work to
      find you a team you can help with.
      Thank you,
      Wayne
      AKA The Outlaw.
    • Melanie
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 1, 2012
        And so an idea was born!

        It's hard to believe it has been 6 years since we first began work on this design. I still love it and think it fits Central Texas Geocachers quite well. Log onto the actual Yahoo group and do a search for "T-Shirt". The story starts Jan 24, 2006 with the post below.

        Yes, I created the design. BUT there was a lot of input from lots of cachers - some who we no longer hear from anymore.

        I do NOT want this design to go "commercial"! I DO want the cachers of Central Texas to feel free to use the logo with the following restrictions.

        1 - It's for Geocaching or Geocaching related use only - specifically CenTex. A ball team with this on their uniform would NOT make me happy (unless it was all CenTex geocachers).

        2 - Don't change it! The only adaption would be adding an apostrophe with a Sharpie in "YALL". The reason? - There's history there and I'd like it to stay there. Again, read through the posts and you'll see the discussion - quite entertaining. Or you can ask me and I'll give you the short story.

        3 - Keep it clean. As in "G" rated. Getting a geocaching t-shirt or hat dirty is probably the best thing that can happen to it.

        4 - Do NOT take ownership of it. I don't even think that I completely own it. It is a product of constructive discussion and criticism from this group though I actually put the thing on paper (and then a T-shirt or 2).

        5 - Make absolutely NO profit from it. I actually lose money every time I have a batch of shirts run. That is one reason why I have not put forward the suggestion of having a batch run for the upcoming Challenge - the money just ain't there this year.

        and that is my 2 cents.

        Melanie
        (ACCLanMan)