Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: If someone from Wichita tries to get help on my latest puzzle cache...

  • Mark Gessner
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2006
      Can you just ship them?  It's a long drive.

      On Jan 5, 2006, at 4:36 PM, Essiar wrote:

      Hey Mark, I have 2 bags of Quickcrete here if you want to drive down
      and pick them up.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Tony Fannin
      <tfannin@g...> wrote:

      > On 1/3/06, Lowracer <lowracer@c...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Also does anyone have the recipe for making concrete rocks?
      >

      > I guess I'm the expert on that. I just went to Lowe's and grabbed
      the
      > smallest bag of concrete they had. Cost like $3. Then I went to
      Hobby Lobby
      > and got a good sized block of the flower arrangment stuff. You
      know, the
      > stuff you jam flowers into? That was like a buck or two.I carved an
      > appropriatley sized/shaped hole out of the block to make a mold,
      mixed up
      > the concrete, and poured it in. For The Rock I embedded a film
      canister in
      > the wet concrete. A few hours later I had The Rock. I went out
      into the
      > stream bed across the street and grabbed a few samples of the
      local rock and
      > painted it to look as close to a 'generic' Austin rock as possible.
      >
      > Tony
      > Team Bohica

      City park rental vacation Central texas real estate City park hotel sant just
      Central texas college online Central texas college distance learning Outdoors

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS