If someone from Wichita tries to get help on my latest puzzle cache...

  • Lowracer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2006
      ...The cache is GCRDXA (not approved yet). Some of you have solved
      this type of puzzle before. Please don't give out any hints if the
      locals come emailing for help.

      Also does anyone have the recipe for making concrete rocks?

      Thanks!
      -mark
    • Tony Fannin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2006
        On 1/3/06, Lowracer <lowracer@...> wrote:

        Also does anyone have the recipe for making concrete rocks?

        I guess I'm the expert on that. I just went to Lowe's and grabbed the smallest bag of concrete they had. Cost like $3. Then I went to Hobby Lobby and got a good sized block of the flower arrangment stuff. You know, the stuff you jam flowers into? That was like a buck or two.I carved an appropriatley sized/shaped hole out of the block to make a mold, mixed up the concrete, and poured it in. For The Rock I embedded a film canister in the wet concrete. A few hours later I had The Rock. I went out into the stream bed across the street and grabbed a few samples of the local rock and painted it to look as close to a 'generic' Austin rock as possible.

        Tony
        Team Bohica
      • Essiar
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2006
          Hey Mark, I have 2 bags of Quickcrete here if you want to drive down
          and pick them up.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Tony Fannin
          <tfannin@g...> wrote:

          > On 1/3/06, Lowracer <lowracer@c...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Also does anyone have the recipe for making concrete rocks?
          >

          > I guess I'm the expert on that. I just went to Lowe's and grabbed
          the
          > smallest bag of concrete they had. Cost like $3. Then I went to
          Hobby Lobby
          > and got a good sized block of the flower arrangment stuff. You
          know, the
          > stuff you jam flowers into? That was like a buck or two.I carved an
          > appropriatley sized/shaped hole out of the block to make a mold,
          mixed up
          > the concrete, and poured it in. For The Rock I embedded a film
          canister in
          > the wet concrete. A few hours later I had The Rock. I went out
          into the
          > stream bed across the street and grabbed a few samples of the
          local rock and
          > painted it to look as close to a 'generic' Austin rock as possible.
          >
          > Tony
          > Team Bohica

        • Mark Gessner
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2006
            Can you just ship them?  It's a long drive.

            <tfannin@g...> wrote:

            > On 1/3/06, Lowracer <lowracer@c...> wrote:
            > >

            > > Also does anyone have the recipe for making concrete rocks?
            >

            > I guess I'm the expert on that. I just went to Lowe's and grabbed
            the
            > smallest bag of concrete they had. Cost like $3. Then I went to
            Hobby Lobby
            > and got a good sized block of the flower arrangment stuff. You
            know, the
            > stuff you jam flowers into? That was like a buck or two.I carved an
            > appropriatley sized/shaped hole out of the block to make a mold,
            mixed up
            > the concrete, and poured it in. For The Rock I embedded a film
            canister in
            > the wet concrete. A few hours later I had The Rock. I went out
            into the
            > stream bed across the street and grabbed a few samples of the
            local rock and
            > painted it to look as close to a 'generic' Austin rock as possible.
            >
            > Tony
            > Team Bohica

            City park rental vacation Central texas real estate City park hotel sant just
            Central texas college online Central texas college distance learning Outdoors

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS