Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] It's official, Next Summer I'm getting a new Caching buddy

    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 3 6:36 AM
      On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 07:15:11 -0600 Mark Gessner <lowracer@...> writes:
      > Just so you know, the Lowracers are now officially 'expecting.' I'm
      >
      > looking forward to having someone I can take caching with me who
      > can't protest that they have something better to do, or that caching
      >
      > is stupid. I figure for the first year or so the kid will have no
      >
      > choice but to tag along on cache hunts in the daddy-papoose backpack
      >
      > thingy and enjoy the ride, maybe trade some swag.

      LOL -- but you keep thinkin', Butch.

      > Baby's due around the end of July. Mrs. Lowracer is busy knitting
      > baby booties. Do they still call them that? Anyway, sock-like
      > things.

      Well, I'm "old" so I still call them booties. Unless, of course, they ARE
      socks.

      Many congratulations and good thnkings.
      May the pregnancy go smoothly and happily!!!!

      @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
      The here and now is all we have; and if we play it right it's all we'll
      need. --Ann Richards
      @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
      Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic.
      --Dan Rather
    • Essiar
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 3 6:45 AM
        Plsu when they're that small, if they do give you any lip you can
        latch a travel bug tag on 'em and toss 'em in a 50 cal.
        CONGRATULATIONS to you and Mrs Lowracer! Lil Es will be glad to
        babysit anytime.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Gessner
        <lowracer@c...> wrote:

        > Just so you know, the Lowracers are now officially 'expecting.'
        I'm
        > looking forward to having someone I can take caching with me who
        > can't protest that they have something better to do, or that
        caching
        > is stupid. I figure for the first year or so the kid will have
        no
        > choice but to tag along on cache hunts in the daddy-papoose
        backpack
        > thingy and enjoy the ride, maybe trade some swag.
        >
        > Baby's due around the end of July. Mrs. Lowracer is busy
        knitting
        > baby booties. Do they still call them that? Anyway, sock-like
        things.

        > -mark

      • Wayne Lind
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 3 7:17 AM
          In my Dyslexia, the first time I read this I thought she was knitting baby bottLes. It made a LOT more sense the second time I read it.
          > Just so you know, the Lowracers are now officially 'expecting.'   I'm

          > looking forward to having someone I can take caching with me who
          > can't protest that they have something better to do, or that caching

          > is stupid.  I figure for the first year or so the kid will have no
          >
          > choice but to tag along on cache hunts in the daddy-papoose backpack

          > thingy and enjoy the ride, maybe trade some swag.

          LOL -- but you keep thinkin', Butch.

          > Baby's due around the end of July.  Mrs. Lowracer is busy knitting
          > baby booties.  Do they still call them that? Anyway, sock-like
          > things.

          Well, I'm "old" so I still call them booties. Unless, of course, they ARE
          socks.

          Many congratulations and good thnkings.
          May the pregnancy go smoothly and happily!!!!

          @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
          The here and now is all we have; and if we play it right it's all we'll
          need. --Ann Richards
          @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
          Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic.
          --Dan Rather
        • Renee
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 3 7:40 AM
            Congrats!!!

            Just so you know, the Lowracers are now officially 'expecting.' I'm
            looking forward to having someone I can take caching with me who
            can't protest that they have something better to do, or that caching
            is stupid. I figure for the first year or so the kid will have no
            choice but to tag along on cache hunts in the daddy-papoose backpack
            thingy and enjoy the ride, maybe trade some swag.

            Baby's due around the end of July. Mrs. Lowracer is busy knitting
            baby booties. Do they still call them that? Anyway, sock-like things.

            -mark

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Julie Perrine
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 3 9:15 AM
              Watch out for drool down the back of your neck!!!!!!  I'm so happy for you!
              Julie

              On 12/3/05, Mark Gessner <lowracer@...> wrote:
              Just so you know, the Lowracers are now officially 'expecting.'   I'm
              looking forward to having someone I can take caching with me who
              can't protest that they have something better to do, or that caching
              is stupid.  I figure for the first year or so the kid will have no
              choice but to tag along on cache hunts in the daddy-papoose backpack
              thingy and enjoy the ride, maybe trade some swag.

              Baby's due around the end of July.  Mrs. Lowracer is busy knitting
              baby booties.  Do they still call them that? Anyway, sock-like things.

              -mark

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/YltolB/TM

            • Kevin Mefford
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 3 10:08 AM
                Speaking of reading things a second time...I had to re-read this one..to make sure Julie wasn't so happy that she was threatening to drool down Mark's back! ;)

                Congrats to the happy parents-to-be!!!!!

                Kevin
                KoosKoos

                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 3 11:47 AM
                  Congrats Mrak and Ally, Exciting news!

                  Now, have started your savings for the little ones' TxAMU degree?
                  Well that's too late!

                  Scary thought, granddaughter #2, due March 06, and your #1 will be
                  classmates!

                  Cache on,
                  Dick aka Blizzard

                • Megindler@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 3 6:52 PM
                     That is so awesome...for many reasons.

                    1.  It's a wonderful sport to include your kids on.
                    2.  It's a wonderful sport to use as an excuse to get away from your kids.
                    3.  It's wonderful to have a "young" set of eyes to find that elusive cache.  Adults tend to think with a one track mind, kids look for the sake of looking.
                    4.  Kids love to bring their friends on a "treasure hunt" thereby insuring that "cool parent" status.
                    5.  The "cool parent" status is short lived and the kids want to stay home with the non geocaching spouse.
                    6.  It always provides a way to torture your kids.  You know, when I was young my parents always had the obligatory coffee and a cigarette after dinner.  Well, I always have the obligatory cache I want to pick up on the way to...

                    There are the reasons above and of course the main reason being kids will provide you unending entertainment, joy, and happiness (I have blocked out the frustration).   ;o)

                    Mo

                    Just so you know, the Lowracers are now officially 'expecting.'   I'm
                    looking forward to having someone I can take caching with me who
                    can't protest that they have something better to do, or that caching
                    is stupid.  I figure for the first year or so the kid will have no
                    choice but to tag along on cache hunts in the daddy-papoose backpack
                    thingy and enjoy the ride, maybe trade some swag.

                    Baby's due around the end of July.  Mrs. Lowracer is busy knitting
                    baby booties.  Do they still call them that? Anyway, sock-like things.

                    -mark

                    <FONT COLOR="#000099">Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make
                    Yahoo! your home page
                    </FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/YltolB/TM"><B>Click
                    Here!</B></A>

                  • Grajek

                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 3 7:36 PM
                        Geocaching is so much more fun when you have a little Hoot!  Congratulations on getting yours!  I use mine for all kinds of things:  Hoot, crawl through those low cedar branches and see if you can see anything;  Hoot, climb up on my shoulders and get in that tree;  Hoot, stick your little hand down in that hole and see if you feel something;  Hoot, swim across that raging river and sign my name in the log;  Hoot, walk through those three leaf plants and get that ammo can.

                        He is more useful than a Swiss Army Knife!

                        Curtis (Stratman)

                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 3 8:27 PM
                          Come on Penny, you know you gotta do that too!  (Okay, maybe not the raging river thing, but that other stuff!).  Makes me wish I could get my kids to venture out with me!

                          Cindy
[...]

                          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                        • Chris, Penny, Logan and Liahm Nowak
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 3 10:32 PM
                            LOL!  That's too funny!
                            Penny

                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 3 10:37 PM
                              Yeah...I do!  That's why I thought it was so funny!  LOL!
                              Penny

                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 5 8:29 AM
                                That's wonderful news, Mark. Congratulations to both you and Ally.

                                Henry
                                DivasDude

                                >>> lowracer@... 12/3/2005 7:15:11 AM >>>