Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Wayne passes 4000!!!!!

  • cybercat
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
      so when are we going power caching again?
      Jana
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
        <geocaching@m...> wrote:

        > Congratulations Wayne!
        >
        > My current goal is 250 caches a year with current total approaching
        > 500. At that rate (which feels like a LOT to me) it will take me 16
        > years to reach Wayne's total!
        >
        > By which time, of course, Wayne and Candy will be over 20,000...
        >
        > The achievement and dedication while still remaining (on the face of
        > it at least) a 'normal' person <grin> is mind-blowing...

        If only he could see our house (WHICH HE NEVER WILL, AT LEAST NOT IN
        ITS PRESENT STATE!), he would understand just a BIT better ...

        BTW, that fuel bill was just a tad underestimated by cybercat ...
        it's more like $11,367.29.

        Candy
      • austinalie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
          Wow Wayne, way to go!!  Congratulations.  Now the big question--how did you pass TreyB?
          Alice.
        • Lowracer
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
            An even bigger question, how did you manage to find 4000 caches
            without bagging a single one in Wichita, the largest city in Kansas
            and unrivalled caching mecca of the Great Plains? 250 easy caches
            within 50 miles of town... No hills or cliffs. Plenty of free
            parking. No geo-politics. Friendly muggles. It's like caching with
            Wally and The Beav.

          • wlind@austin.rr.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
              Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
              answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
              volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
              Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to a
              big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off to
              help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
              hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
              went out and did it! Great job!!!!

              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                I second the standing ovation!!!!
                Yay Mary Ann & Trey!!!

                On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:56:55 -0600 wlind@... writes:
                > Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
                > answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
                > volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
                > Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to
                > big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off
                > help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
                > hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
                >
                > went out and did it! Great job!!!!

                The here and now is all we have; and if we play it right it's all we'll
                need. --Ann Richards
                Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic.
                --Dan Rather
              • Essiar
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                  Amen to that. That's why she's our favorite Froggy Girl! :-) Good job
                  Mary Ann and thanks for representing the Austin Caching community in
                  such a positive way. You too Trey!