Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Wayne passes 4000!!!!!

  • Megindler@aol.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
      Congratulations!!  At first I just saw "champagne", but then I saw your milestone.  You da man!

      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
        Thanks Jana and everyone.
        How I did it was easy. I started almost 4 years ago, found some wonderful early caches which got me hooked on the sport, found some incredible friends who are likewise hooked on the sport, and had a lot of fun. I have been very blessed with the places I have been shown, and more important, the people I have met. It has been a great ride and I look forward to new caches and new friends.

        Wayne.

        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
          so when are we going power caching again?
          Jana

          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
            <geocaching@m...> wrote:

            > Congratulations Wayne!
            >
            > My current goal is 250 caches a year with current total approaching
            > 500. At that rate (which feels like a LOT to me) it will take me 16
            > years to reach Wayne's total!
            >
            > By which time, of course, Wayne and Candy will be over 20,000...
            >
            > The achievement and dedication while still remaining (on the face of
            > it at least) a 'normal' person <grin> is mind-blowing...

            If only he could see our house (WHICH HE NEVER WILL, AT LEAST NOT IN
            ITS PRESENT STATE!), he would understand just a BIT better ...

            BTW, that fuel bill was just a tad underestimated by cybercat ...
            it's more like $11,367.29.

            Candy
          • austinalie@aol.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
              Wow Wayne, way to go!!  Congratulations.  Now the big question--how did you pass TreyB?
              Alice.
            • Lowracer
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                An even bigger question, how did you manage to find 4000 caches
                without bagging a single one in Wichita, the largest city in Kansas
                and unrivalled caching mecca of the Great Plains? 250 easy caches
                within 50 miles of town... No hills or cliffs. Plenty of free
                parking. No geo-politics. Friendly muggles. It's like caching with
                Wally and The Beav.

              • wlind@austin.rr.com
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                  Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
                  answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
                  volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
                  Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to a
                  big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off to
                  help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
                  hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
                  went out and did it! Great job!!!!

                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                    I second the standing ovation!!!!
                    Yay Mary Ann & Trey!!!

                    On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:56:55 -0600 wlind@... writes:
                    > Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
                    > answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
                    > volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
                    > Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to
                    > big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off
                    > help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
                    > hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
                    >
                    > went out and did it! Great job!!!!

                    The here and now is all we have; and if we play it right it's all we'll
                    need. --Ann Richards
                    Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic.
                    --Dan Rather
                  • Essiar
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                      Amen to that. That's why she's our favorite Froggy Girl! :-) Good job
                      Mary Ann and thanks for representing the Austin Caching community in
                      such a positive way. You too Trey!