Re: Wayne passes 4000!!!!!

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
      Congratulations Wayne!

      My current goal is 250 caches a year with current total approaching
      500. At that rate (which feels like a LOT to me) it will take me 16
      years to reach Wayne's total!

      By which time, of course, Wayne and Candy will be over 20,000...

      The achievement and dedication while still remaining (on the face of
      it at least) a 'normal' person <grin> is mind-blowing...

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jana" <cybercat@g...>
      wrote:

      > Now how did he do this?
      > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
      > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
      > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
      > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
      > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
      > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
      > advance based on cache density.
      > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
      > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
      > Jana

    • Lowracer
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
        Congratulations! It seems like only last year we were celebrating your
        #1000 over champagne and star trek travel bugs...

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Essiar" <essiar@t...>

      • Megindler@aol.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
          Congratulations!!  At first I just saw "champagne", but then I saw your milestone.  You da man!

          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
            Thanks Jana and everyone.
            How I did it was easy. I started almost 4 years ago, found some wonderful early caches which got me hooked on the sport, found some incredible friends who are likewise hooked on the sport, and had a lot of fun. I have been very blessed with the places I have been shown, and more important, the people I have met. It has been a great ride and I look forward to new caches and new friends.

            Wayne.

            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
              so when are we going power caching again?
              Jana

              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
                <geocaching@m...> wrote:

                > Congratulations Wayne!
                >
                > My current goal is 250 caches a year with current total approaching
                > 500. At that rate (which feels like a LOT to me) it will take me 16
                > years to reach Wayne's total!
                >
                > By which time, of course, Wayne and Candy will be over 20,000...
                >
                > The achievement and dedication while still remaining (on the face of
                > it at least) a 'normal' person <grin> is mind-blowing...

                If only he could see our house (WHICH HE NEVER WILL, AT LEAST NOT IN
                ITS PRESENT STATE!), he would understand just a BIT better ...

                BTW, that fuel bill was just a tad underestimated by cybercat ...
                it's more like $11,367.29.

                Candy
              • austinalie@aol.com
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                  Wow Wayne, way to go!!  Congratulations.  Now the big question--how did you pass TreyB?
                  Alice.
                • Lowracer
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                    An even bigger question, how did you manage to find 4000 caches
                    without bagging a single one in Wichita, the largest city in Kansas
                    and unrivalled caching mecca of the Great Plains? 250 easy caches
                    within 50 miles of town... No hills or cliffs. Plenty of free
                    parking. No geo-politics. Friendly muggles. It's like caching with
                    Wally and The Beav.

                  • wlind@austin.rr.com
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                      Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
                      answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
                      volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
                      Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to a
                      big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off to
                      help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
                      hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
                      went out and did it! Great job!!!!

                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                        I second the standing ovation!!!!
                        Yay Mary Ann & Trey!!!

                        On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:56:55 -0600 wlind@... writes:
                        > Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
                        > answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
                        > volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
                        > Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to
                        > big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off
                        > help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
                        > hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
                        >
                        > went out and did it! Great job!!!!

                        The here and now is all we have; and if we play it right it's all we'll
                        need. --Ann Richards
                        Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic.
                        --Dan Rather
                      • Essiar
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                          Amen to that. That's why she's our favorite Froggy Girl! :-) Good job
                          Mary Ann and thanks for representing the Austin Caching community in
                          such a positive way. You too Trey!