RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Wayne passes 4000!!!!!

  • Barry Watson
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005

      Congratulations Wayne !  The wife and I hit our year-end goal of 500 last weekend and we can

      look back and remember all of the caches it took to reach just 500.  I can't even begin to imagine

      doing 8 times that!   Way to go!  You and Candy are truly an inspiration to the rest of us….

      Barry & Sue

      Doc Geo & Wife

      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
        On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:03:51 -0000 "Jana" <cybercat@...> writes:
        > Now how did he do this?

        HE would say, "one cache at a time."
        *I* would say, "because he's a GOD!!!"
        -g-
        Congrats, Wayne....

        > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
        > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
        > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline
        > purchases,and
        > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
        >
        > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
        >
        > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
        > advance based on cache density.
        > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
        >
        > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
        > Jana

        The here and now is all we have; and if we play it right it's all we'll
        need. --Ann Richards
        @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
        Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic.
        --Dan Rather
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
          Congratulations Wayne!

          My current goal is 250 caches a year with current total approaching
          500. At that rate (which feels like a LOT to me) it will take me 16
          years to reach Wayne's total!

          By which time, of course, Wayne and Candy will be over 20,000...

          The achievement and dedication while still remaining (on the face of
          it at least) a 'normal' person <grin> is mind-blowing...

          wrote:

          > Now how did he do this?
          > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
          > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
          > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
          > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
          > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
          > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
          > advance based on cache density.
          > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
          > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
          > Jana

        • Lowracer
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
            Congratulations! It seems like only last year we were celebrating your
            #1000 over champagne and star trek travel bugs...

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Essiar" <essiar@t...>

          • Megindler@aol.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
              Congratulations!!  At first I just saw "champagne", but then I saw your milestone.  You da man!

              Congratulations! It seems like only last year we were celebrating your
              #1000 over champagne and star trek travel bugs...

              wrote:

              > > That's awesome Wayne! Congrats!!! > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jana" <cybercat@g...> > wrote: > > > > Now how did he do this? > > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps > > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of > > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline > purchases,and > > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number > > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates > > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in > > advance based on cache density. > > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to > > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way! > > Jana > > >
              ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> <FONT COLOR="#000099">Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page </FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/YltolB/TM"><B>Click Here!</B></A> --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Wayne Lind
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                Thanks Jana and everyone.
                How I did it was easy. I started almost 4 years ago, found some wonderful early caches which got me hooked on the sport, found some incredible friends who are likewise hooked on the sport, and had a lot of fun. I have been very blessed with the places I have been shown, and more important, the people I have met. It has been a great ride and I look forward to new caches and new friends.

                Wayne.

                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                  so when are we going power caching again?
                  Jana

                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
                    <geocaching@m...> wrote:

                    > Congratulations Wayne!
                    >
                    > My current goal is 250 caches a year with current total approaching
                    > 500. At that rate (which feels like a LOT to me) it will take me 16
                    > years to reach Wayne's total!
                    >
                    > By which time, of course, Wayne and Candy will be over 20,000...
                    >
                    > The achievement and dedication while still remaining (on the face of
                    > it at least) a 'normal' person <grin> is mind-blowing...

                    If only he could see our house (WHICH HE NEVER WILL, AT LEAST NOT IN
                    ITS PRESENT STATE!), he would understand just a BIT better ...

                    BTW, that fuel bill was just a tad underestimated by cybercat ...
                    it's more like $11,367.29.

                    Candy
                  • austinalie@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                      Wow Wayne, way to go!!  Congratulations.  Now the big question--how did you pass TreyB?
                      Alice.
                    • Lowracer
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                        An even bigger question, how did you manage to find 4000 caches
                        without bagging a single one in Wichita, the largest city in Kansas
                        and unrivalled caching mecca of the Great Plains? 250 easy caches
                        within 50 miles of town... No hills or cliffs. Plenty of free
                        parking. No geo-politics. Friendly muggles. It's like caching with
                        Wally and The Beav.

                      • wlind@austin.rr.com
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                          Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
                          answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
                          volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
                          Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to a
                          big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off to
                          help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
                          hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
                          went out and did it! Great job!!!!

                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                            I second the standing ovation!!!!
                            Yay Mary Ann & Trey!!!

                            On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:56:55 -0600 wlind@... writes:
                            > Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
                            > answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
                            > volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
                            > Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to
                            > big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off
                            > help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
                            > hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
                            >
                            > went out and did it! Great job!!!!

                          • Essiar
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                              Amen to that. That's why she's our favorite Froggy Girl! :-) Good job
                              Mary Ann and thanks for representing the Austin Caching community in
                              such a positive way. You too Trey!