Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Wayne passes 4000!!!!!

  • Gary O. Payne
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
      Fantastic! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!
    • Julie Perrine
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
        And if you open his shirt, there a big "S"!!!  He's AMAZING!!!!
        Julie

        On 12/1/05, Jana <cybercat@...> wrote:
        Now how did he do this?
        This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
        voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
        geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
        is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
        to technical questions about GSAK.  In his free time, he calculates
        his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
        advance based on cache density.
        All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
        the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
        Jana

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpTY2A/lzNLAA/yQLSAA/YltolB/TM

      • Barry Watson
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005

          Congratulations Wayne !  The wife and I hit our year-end goal of 500 last weekend and we can

          look back and remember all of the caches it took to reach just 500.  I can't even begin to imagine

          doing 8 times that!   Way to go!  You and Candy are truly an inspiration to the rest of us….

          Barry & Sue

          Doc Geo & Wife

          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
            On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:03:51 -0000 "Jana" <cybercat@...> writes:
            > Now how did he do this?

            HE would say, "one cache at a time."
            *I* would say, "because he's a GOD!!!"
            -g-
            Congrats, Wayne....

            > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
            > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
            > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline
            > purchases,and
            > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
            >
            > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
            >
            > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
            > advance based on cache density.
            > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
            >
            > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
            > Jana

            The here and now is all we have; and if we play it right it's all we'll
            need. --Ann Richards
            @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
            Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic.
            --Dan Rather
          • Mike
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
              Congratulations Wayne!

              My current goal is 250 caches a year with current total approaching
              500. At that rate (which feels like a LOT to me) it will take me 16
              years to reach Wayne's total!

              By which time, of course, Wayne and Candy will be over 20,000...

              The achievement and dedication while still remaining (on the face of
              it at least) a 'normal' person <grin> is mind-blowing...

              wrote:

              > Now how did he do this?
              > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
              > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
              > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
              > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
              > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
              > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
              > advance based on cache density.
              > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
              > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
              > Jana

            • Lowracer
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                Congratulations! It seems like only last year we were celebrating your
                #1000 over champagne and star trek travel bugs...

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Essiar" <essiar@t...>

              • Megindler@aol.com
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                  Congratulations!!  At first I just saw "champagne", but then I saw your milestone.  You da man!

                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                    Thanks Jana and everyone.
                    How I did it was easy. I started almost 4 years ago, found some wonderful early caches which got me hooked on the sport, found some incredible friends who are likewise hooked on the sport, and had a lot of fun. I have been very blessed with the places I have been shown, and more important, the people I have met. It has been a great ride and I look forward to new caches and new friends.

                    Wayne.

                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                      so when are we going power caching again?
                      Jana

                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
                        <geocaching@m...> wrote:

                        > Congratulations Wayne!
                        >
                        > My current goal is 250 caches a year with current total approaching
                        > 500. At that rate (which feels like a LOT to me) it will take me 16
                        > years to reach Wayne's total!
                        >
                        > By which time, of course, Wayne and Candy will be over 20,000...
                        >
                        > The achievement and dedication while still remaining (on the face of
                        > it at least) a 'normal' person <grin> is mind-blowing...

                        If only he could see our house (WHICH HE NEVER WILL, AT LEAST NOT IN
                        ITS PRESENT STATE!), he would understand just a BIT better ...

                        BTW, that fuel bill was just a tad underestimated by cybercat ...
                        it's more like $11,367.29.

                        Candy
                      • austinalie@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                          Wow Wayne, way to go!!  Congratulations.  Now the big question--how did you pass TreyB?
                          Alice.
                        • Lowracer
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                            An even bigger question, how did you manage to find 4000 caches
                            without bagging a single one in Wichita, the largest city in Kansas
                            and unrivalled caching mecca of the Great Plains? 250 easy caches
                            within 50 miles of town... No hills or cliffs. Plenty of free
                            parking. No geo-politics. Friendly muggles. It's like caching with
                            Wally and The Beav.

                          • wlind@austin.rr.com
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                              Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
                              answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
                              volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
                              Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to a
                              big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off to
                              help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
                              hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
                              went out and did it! Great job!!!!

                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                I second the standing ovation!!!!
                                Yay Mary Ann & Trey!!!

                                On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:56:55 -0600 wlind@... writes:
                                > Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
                                > answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
                                > volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
                                > Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to
                                > big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off
                                > help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
                                > hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
                                >
                                > went out and did it! Great job!!!!

                              • Essiar
                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                  Amen to that. That's why she's our favorite Froggy Girl! :-) Good job
                                  Mary Ann and thanks for representing the Austin Caching community in
                                  such a positive way. You too Trey!