Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Wayne passes 4000!!!!!

  • Henry Rohlfs
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
      OMG... 4000! Wayne, congrats on hitting another major mark. May your caching trails be as pleasant as your personality.

      Henry
      DivasDude

      >>> cybercat@... 12/1/2005 12:03:51 PM >>>
      Now how did he do this?
      This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
      voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
      geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
      is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
      to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
      his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
      advance based on cache density.
      All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
      the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
      Jana

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Nick Silkey
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
        HeyOh!

        Wheres/whens the party?

        On 12/1/05, Jana <cybercat@...> wrote:
        > Now how did he do this?
        > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
        > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
        > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
        > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
        > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
        > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
        > advance based on cache density.
        > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
        > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
        > Jana

        Nick Silkey
        a.k.a. filler of 'filler & bcat'
        N30 28.2' W097 46.6'
      • Gary O. Payne
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
          Fantastic! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!
        • Julie Perrine
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
            And if you open his shirt, there a big "S"!!!  He's AMAZING!!!!
            Julie

            On 12/1/05, Jana <cybercat@...> wrote:
            Now how did he do this?
            This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
            voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
            geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
            is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
            to technical questions about GSAK.  In his free time, he calculates
            his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
            advance based on cache density.
            All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
            the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
            Jana

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpTY2A/lzNLAA/yQLSAA/YltolB/TM

          • Barry Watson
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005

              Congratulations Wayne !  The wife and I hit our year-end goal of 500 last weekend and we can

              look back and remember all of the caches it took to reach just 500.  I can't even begin to imagine

              doing 8 times that!   Way to go!  You and Candy are truly an inspiration to the rest of us….

              Barry & Sue

              Doc Geo & Wife

              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:03:51 -0000 "Jana" <cybercat@...> writes:
                > Now how did he do this?

                HE would say, "one cache at a time."
                *I* would say, "because he's a GOD!!!"
                -g-
                Congrats, Wayne....

                > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
                > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
                > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline
                > purchases,and
                > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
                >
                > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
                >
                > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
                > advance based on cache density.
                > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
                >
                > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
                > Jana

                The here and now is all we have; and if we play it right it's all we'll
                need. --Ann Richards
                @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic.
                --Dan Rather
              • Mike
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                  Congratulations Wayne!

                  My current goal is 250 caches a year with current total approaching
                  500. At that rate (which feels like a LOT to me) it will take me 16
                  years to reach Wayne's total!

                  By which time, of course, Wayne and Candy will be over 20,000...

                  The achievement and dedication while still remaining (on the face of
                  it at least) a 'normal' person <grin> is mind-blowing...

                  wrote:

                  > Now how did he do this?
                  > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
                  > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
                  > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
                  > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
                  > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
                  > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
                  > advance based on cache density.
                  > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
                  > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
                  > Jana

                • Lowracer
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                    Congratulations! It seems like only last year we were celebrating your
                    #1000 over champagne and star trek travel bugs...

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Essiar" <essiar@t...>

                  • Megindler@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                      Congratulations!!  At first I just saw "champagne", but then I saw your milestone.  You da man!

                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                        Thanks Jana and everyone.
                        How I did it was easy. I started almost 4 years ago, found some wonderful early caches which got me hooked on the sport, found some incredible friends who are likewise hooked on the sport, and had a lot of fun. I have been very blessed with the places I have been shown, and more important, the people I have met. It has been a great ride and I look forward to new caches and new friends.

                        Wayne.

                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                          so when are we going power caching again?
                          Jana

                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
                            <geocaching@m...> wrote:

                            > Congratulations Wayne!
                            >
                            > My current goal is 250 caches a year with current total approaching
                            > 500. At that rate (which feels like a LOT to me) it will take me 16
                            > years to reach Wayne's total!
                            >
                            > By which time, of course, Wayne and Candy will be over 20,000...
                            >
                            > The achievement and dedication while still remaining (on the face of
                            > it at least) a 'normal' person <grin> is mind-blowing...

                            If only he could see our house (WHICH HE NEVER WILL, AT LEAST NOT IN
                            ITS PRESENT STATE!), he would understand just a BIT better ...

                            BTW, that fuel bill was just a tad underestimated by cybercat ...
                            it's more like $11,367.29.

                            Candy
                          • austinalie@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                              Wow Wayne, way to go!!  Congratulations.  Now the big question--how did you pass TreyB?
                              Alice.
                            • Lowracer
                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                An even bigger question, how did you manage to find 4000 caches
                                without bagging a single one in Wichita, the largest city in Kansas
                                and unrivalled caching mecca of the Great Plains? 250 easy caches
                                within 50 miles of town... No hills or cliffs. Plenty of free
                                parking. No geo-politics. Friendly muggles. It's like caching with
                                Wally and The Beav.

                              • wlind@austin.rr.com
                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                  Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
                                  answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
                                  volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
                                  Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to a
                                  big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off to
                                  help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
                                  hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
                                  went out and did it! Great job!!!!

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                    I second the standing ovation!!!!
                                    Yay Mary Ann & Trey!!!

                                    On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:56:55 -0600 wlind@... writes:
                                    > Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
                                    > answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
                                    > volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
                                    > Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to
                                    > big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off
                                    > help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
                                    > hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
                                    >
                                    > went out and did it! Great job!!!!

                                  • Essiar
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                      Amen to that. That's why she's our favorite Froggy Girl! :-) Good job
                                      Mary Ann and thanks for representing the Austin Caching community in
                                      such a positive way. You too Trey!