Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Wayne passes 4000!!!!!

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
      Congratulations!! That boggles my mind since I don't even have 100 yet...

      Jana <cybercat@...> wrote:
      Now how did he do this?
      This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
      voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
      geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
      is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
      to technical questions about GSAK.  In his free time, he calculates
      his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
      advance based on cache density.
      All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
      the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
      Jana

      Bill Hatfield

      "Eh Firpibus Unum"
    • Henry Rohlfs
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
        OMG... 4000! Wayne, congrats on hitting another major mark. May your caching trails be as pleasant as your personality.

        Henry
        DivasDude

        >>> cybercat@... 12/1/2005 12:03:51 PM >>>
        Now how did he do this?
        This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
        voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
        geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
        is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
        to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
        his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
        advance based on cache density.
        All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
        the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
        Jana

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Nick Silkey
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
          HeyOh!

          Wheres/whens the party?

          On 12/1/05, Jana <cybercat@...> wrote:
          > Now how did he do this?
          > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
          > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
          > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
          > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
          > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
          > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
          > advance based on cache density.
          > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
          > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
          > Jana

          Nick Silkey
          a.k.a. filler of 'filler & bcat'
          N30 28.2' W097 46.6'
        • Gary O. Payne
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
            Fantastic! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!
          • Julie Perrine
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
              And if you open his shirt, there a big "S"!!!  He's AMAZING!!!!
              Julie

              On 12/1/05, Jana <cybercat@...> wrote:
              Now how did he do this?
              This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
              voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
              geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
              is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
              to technical questions about GSAK.  In his free time, he calculates
              his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
              advance based on cache density.
              All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
              the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
              Jana

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpTY2A/lzNLAA/yQLSAA/YltolB/TM

            • Barry Watson
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005

                Congratulations Wayne !  The wife and I hit our year-end goal of 500 last weekend and we can

                look back and remember all of the caches it took to reach just 500.  I can't even begin to imagine

                doing 8 times that!   Way to go!  You and Candy are truly an inspiration to the rest of us….

                Barry & Sue

                Doc Geo & Wife

                > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
                > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
                > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline
                purchases,and
                > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
                > to technical questions about GSAK.  In his free time, he calculates
                > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
                > advance based on cache density.
                > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
                > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
                > Jana

              • Chris, Penny, Logan and Liahm Nowak
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                  Watch out CCCooper here comes Wayne!!!

                  WTG Wayne!

                  Penny

                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                    On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:03:51 -0000 "Jana" <cybercat@...> writes:
                    > Now how did he do this?

                    HE would say, "one cache at a time."
                    *I* would say, "because he's a GOD!!!"
                    -g-
                    Congrats, Wayne....

                    > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
                    > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
                    > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline
                    > purchases,and
                    > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
                    >
                    > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
                    >
                    > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
                    > advance based on cache density.
                    > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
                    >
                    > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
                    > Jana

                    The here and now is all we have; and if we play it right it's all we'll
                    need. --Ann Richards
                    @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                    Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic.
                    --Dan Rather
                  • Mike
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                      Congratulations Wayne!

                      My current goal is 250 caches a year with current total approaching
                      500. At that rate (which feels like a LOT to me) it will take me 16
                      years to reach Wayne's total!

                      By which time, of course, Wayne and Candy will be over 20,000...

                      The achievement and dedication while still remaining (on the face of
                      it at least) a 'normal' person <grin> is mind-blowing...

                      wrote:

                      > Now how did he do this?
                      > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
                      > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
                      > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
                      > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
                      > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
                      > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
                      > advance based on cache density.
                      > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
                      > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
                      > Jana

                    • Lowracer
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                        Congratulations! It seems like only last year we were celebrating your
                        #1000 over champagne and star trek travel bugs...

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Essiar" <essiar@t...>

                      • Megindler@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                          Congratulations!!  At first I just saw "champagne", but then I saw your milestone.  You da man!

                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                            Thanks Jana and everyone.
                            How I did it was easy. I started almost 4 years ago, found some wonderful early caches which got me hooked on the sport, found some incredible friends who are likewise hooked on the sport, and had a lot of fun. I have been very blessed with the places I have been shown, and more important, the people I have met. It has been a great ride and I look forward to new caches and new friends.

                            Wayne.

                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                              so when are we going power caching again?
                              Jana

                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
                                <geocaching@m...> wrote:

                                > Congratulations Wayne!
                                >
                                > My current goal is 250 caches a year with current total approaching
                                > 500. At that rate (which feels like a LOT to me) it will take me 16
                                > years to reach Wayne's total!
                                >
                                > By which time, of course, Wayne and Candy will be over 20,000...
                                >
                                > The achievement and dedication while still remaining (on the face of
                                > it at least) a 'normal' person <grin> is mind-blowing...

                                If only he could see our house (WHICH HE NEVER WILL, AT LEAST NOT IN
                                ITS PRESENT STATE!), he would understand just a BIT better ...

                                BTW, that fuel bill was just a tad underestimated by cybercat ...
                                it's more like $11,367.29.

                                Candy
                              • austinalie@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                                  Wow Wayne, way to go!!  Congratulations.  Now the big question--how did you pass TreyB?
                                  Alice.
                                • Lowracer
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                    An even bigger question, how did you manage to find 4000 caches
                                    without bagging a single one in Wichita, the largest city in Kansas
                                    and unrivalled caching mecca of the Great Plains? 250 easy caches
                                    within 50 miles of town... No hills or cliffs. Plenty of free
                                    parking. No geo-politics. Friendly muggles. It's like caching with
                                    Wally and The Beav.

                                  • wlind@austin.rr.com
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                      Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
                                      answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
                                      volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
                                      Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to a
                                      big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off to
                                      help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
                                      hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
                                      went out and did it! Great job!!!!

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                        I second the standing ovation!!!!
                                        Yay Mary Ann & Trey!!!

                                        On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:56:55 -0600 wlind@... writes:
                                        > Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
                                        > answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
                                        > volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
                                        > Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to
                                        > big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off
                                        > help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
                                        > hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
                                        >
                                        > went out and did it! Great job!!!!

                                      • Essiar
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                          Amen to that. That's why she's our favorite Froggy Girl! :-) Good job
                                          Mary Ann and thanks for representing the Austin Caching community in
                                          such a positive way. You too Trey!