Wayne passes 4000!!!!!

  • Jana
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
      Now how did he do this?
      This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
      voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
      geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
      is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
      to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
      his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
      advance based on cache density.
      All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
      the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
      Jana
    • CindyFrag@aol.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
        WOW!  Absolutely amazing!  This number just seems impossible, but yet you've proven otherwise.  Congratulations Wayne!  You are the true model of a geocacher and my hero!

        Cindy

        This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
        voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
        geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
        is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
        to technical questions about GSAK.  In his free time, he calculates
        his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
        advance based on cache density.
        All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
        the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
        Jana

        <FONT COLOR="#000099">1.2 million kids a year are victims of human trafficking.
        Stop slavery.
        </FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/YltolB/TM"><B>Click
        Here!</B></A>

      • Bill
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
          Congratulations!! That boggles my mind since I don't even have 100 yet...

          Jana <cybercat@...> wrote:
          Now how did he do this?
          This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
          voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
          geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
          is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
          to technical questions about GSAK.  In his free time, he calculates
          his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
          advance based on cache density.
          All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
          the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
          Jana

          Bill Hatfield

          "Eh Firpibus Unum"
        • Essiar
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
            That's awesome Wayne! Congrats!!!

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jana" <cybercat@g...>
            wrote:

            > Now how did he do this?
            > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
            > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
            > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline
            purchases,and
            > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
            > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
            > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
            > advance based on cache density.
            > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
            > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
            > Jana

          • Henry Rohlfs
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
              OMG... 4000! Wayne, congrats on hitting another major mark. May your caching trails be as pleasant as your personality.

              Henry
              DivasDude

              >>> cybercat@... 12/1/2005 12:03:51 PM >>>
              Now how did he do this?
              This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
              voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
              geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
              is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
              to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
              his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
              advance based on cache density.
              All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
              the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
              Jana

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Nick Silkey
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                HeyOh!

                Wheres/whens the party?

                On 12/1/05, Jana <cybercat@...> wrote:
                > Now how did he do this?
                > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
                > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
                > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
                > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
                > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
                > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
                > advance based on cache density.
                > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
                > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
                > Jana

                Nick Silkey
                a.k.a. filler of 'filler & bcat'
                N30 28.2' W097 46.6'
              • Gary O. Payne
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                  Fantastic! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!
                • Julie Perrine
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                    And if you open his shirt, there a big "S"!!!  He's AMAZING!!!!
                    Julie

                    On 12/1/05, Jana <cybercat@...> wrote:
                    Now how did he do this?
                    This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
                    voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
                    geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
                    is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
                    to technical questions about GSAK.  In his free time, he calculates
                    his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
                    advance based on cache density.
                    All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
                    the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
                    Jana

                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpTY2A/lzNLAA/yQLSAA/YltolB/TM

                  • Barry Watson
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005

                      Congratulations Wayne !  The wife and I hit our year-end goal of 500 last weekend and we can

                      look back and remember all of the caches it took to reach just 500.  I can't even begin to imagine

                      doing 8 times that!   Way to go!  You and Candy are truly an inspiration to the rest of us….

                      Barry & Sue

                      Doc Geo & Wife

                      > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
                      > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
                      > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline
                      purchases,and
                      > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
                      > to technical questions about GSAK.  In his free time, he calculates
                      > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
                      > advance based on cache density.
                      > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
                      > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
                      > Jana

                    • Chris, Penny, Logan and Liahm Nowak
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                        Watch out CCCooper here comes Wayne!!!

                        WTG Wayne!

                        Penny

                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                          On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:03:51 -0000 "Jana" <cybercat@...> writes:
                          > Now how did he do this?

                          HE would say, "one cache at a time."
                          *I* would say, "because he's a GOD!!!"
                          -g-
                          Congrats, Wayne....

                          > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
                          > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
                          > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline
                          > purchases,and
                          > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
                          >
                          > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
                          >
                          > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
                          > advance based on cache density.
                          > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
                          >
                          > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
                          > Jana

                          The here and now is all we have; and if we play it right it's all we'll
                          need. --Ann Richards
                          @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                          Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic.
                          --Dan Rather
                        • Mike
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                            Congratulations Wayne!

                            My current goal is 250 caches a year with current total approaching
                            500. At that rate (which feels like a LOT to me) it will take me 16
                            years to reach Wayne's total!

                            By which time, of course, Wayne and Candy will be over 20,000...

                            The achievement and dedication while still remaining (on the face of
                            it at least) a 'normal' person <grin> is mind-blowing...

                            wrote:

                            > Now how did he do this?
                            > This guy goes out caching every weekend, every spare hour, keeps
                            > voluminous records of every waypoint ever used in the history of
                            > geocaching, owes $5783.37 on his MasterCard for gasoline purchases,and
                            > is available 24/7 for help with anything from someone's phone number
                            > to technical questions about GSAK. In his free time, he calculates
                            > his next weekend's route in his head and plans vacations years in
                            > advance based on cache density.
                            > All I gotta say is--Congratulations, man, you give a new meaning to
                            > the word OBSESSED!! But I wouldn't want you any other way!
                            > Jana

                          • Lowracer
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                              Congratulations! It seems like only last year we were celebrating your
                              #1000 over champagne and star trek travel bugs...

                              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Essiar" <essiar@t...>

                            • Megindler@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                                Congratulations!!  At first I just saw "champagne", but then I saw your milestone.  You da man!

                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                                  Thanks Jana and everyone.
                                  How I did it was easy. I started almost 4 years ago, found some wonderful early caches which got me hooked on the sport, found some incredible friends who are likewise hooked on the sport, and had a lot of fun. I have been very blessed with the places I have been shown, and more important, the people I have met. It has been a great ride and I look forward to new caches and new friends.

                                  Wayne.

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                                    so when are we going power caching again?
                                    Jana

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
                                      <geocaching@m...> wrote:

                                      > Congratulations Wayne!
                                      >
                                      > My current goal is 250 caches a year with current total approaching
                                      > 500. At that rate (which feels like a LOT to me) it will take me 16
                                      > years to reach Wayne's total!
                                      >
                                      > By which time, of course, Wayne and Candy will be over 20,000...
                                      >
                                      > The achievement and dedication while still remaining (on the face of
                                      > it at least) a 'normal' person <grin> is mind-blowing...

                                      If only he could see our house (WHICH HE NEVER WILL, AT LEAST NOT IN
                                      ITS PRESENT STATE!), he would understand just a BIT better ...

                                      BTW, that fuel bill was just a tad underestimated by cybercat ...
                                      it's more like $11,367.29.

                                      Candy
                                    • austinalie@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Dec 1, 2005
                                        Wow Wayne, way to go!!  Congratulations.  Now the big question--how did you pass TreyB?
                                        Alice.
                                      • Lowracer
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                          An even bigger question, how did you manage to find 4000 caches
                                          without bagging a single one in Wichita, the largest city in Kansas
                                          and unrivalled caching mecca of the Great Plains? 250 easy caches
                                          within 50 miles of town... No hills or cliffs. Plenty of free
                                          parking. No geo-politics. Friendly muggles. It's like caching with
                                          Wally and The Beav.

                                        • wlind@austin.rr.com
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                            Hi Alice. Thanks, I am sure my passing Trey is a temporary deal. To
                                            answer your question, I spent last weekend caching while Trey
                                            volunteered to go with Mary Ann and help her deliver her Operation
                                            Hurricache packages to the cachers in New Orleans. Which leads us to a
                                            big congratulations and thanks to Mary Ann who worked her tail off to
                                            help the folks in the gulf coast region who were impacted by the
                                            hurricanes this year. Lots of people talk about helping others, she
                                            went out and did it! Great job!!!!

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                              I second the standing ovation!!!!
                                              Yay Mary Ann & Trey!!!

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Dec 2, 2005
                                                Amen to that. That's why she's our favorite Froggy Girl! :-) Good job
                                                Mary Ann and thanks for representing the Austin Caching community in
                                                such a positive way. You too Trey!