Re: If your in the hunt for a new GPSr.......

  • Dick Young
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2005
      A REI salesman told me the same thing. He said a Garmin rep had been
      in showing them the new line. With new antenna they were able to get
      a signal inside the store. I'll wait! Course, Magellians eat Garmins
      dust anyway!
      DY

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alan <alan@a...> wrote:

      > .... you might want to wait. It looks like basspro.com has let the bag
      > out on a new line of Garmin receivers that are not posted on Garmins
      > website yet. Here is a url to the 60Cx: http://tinyurl.com/dchde There
      > is also a 60CSx, VistaCx and LegendCx. Some spec's for the 60Cx:
      >
      > SiRF high-sensitivity GPS receiver
      > WAAS-enabled
      > Meets rigid IPX-7 submersible standards
      > Built-in basemaps with auto routing
      > Expandable memory
      > 64 MB TransFlash memory card included for optional downloaded maps
      > Electronic compass
      > Barometric altimeter
      > Bright color TFT display
      > USB and serial ports
      > 160 x 240 pixels
      > Runs for 30 hours on 2 AA batteries (not included)
      > 2.4"W x 7.1"H x 1.3"D
      >
      > The two spec's that intrigue me:
      >
      > SiRF high-sensitivity GPS receiver
      > Expandable Memory (TransFlash)
      >
      > SiRF high-sensitivity GPS receiver (chipset) should finally get Garmin
      > up to the Magellans in keeping locks under tree cover. At least
      that
      > is what I have heard (even for the 60 series).
      >
      > Alan

    • Brent
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2005
        Cool! That's exactly what I've been waiting for Garmin to come up
        with! I wonder why they haven't posted it on their website yet?

        Brent

        wrote:

        > .... you might want to wait. It looks like basspro.com has let the
        bag
        > out on a new line of Garmin receivers that are not posted on
        Garmins
        > website yet. Here is a url to the 60Cx: http://tinyurl.com/dchde
        There
        > is also a 60CSx, VistaCx and LegendCx. Some spec's for the 60Cx:
        >
        > SiRF high-sensitivity GPS receiver
        > WAAS-enabled
        > Meets rigid IPX-7 submersible standards
        > Built-in basemaps with auto routing
        > Expandable memory
        > 64 MB TransFlash memory card included for optional downloaded maps
        > Electronic compass
        > Barometric altimeter
        > Bright color TFT display
        > USB and serial ports
        > 160 x 240 pixels
        > Runs for 30 hours on 2 AA batteries (not included)
        > 2.4"W x 7.1"H x 1.3"D
        >
        > The two spec's that intrigue me:
        >
        > SiRF high-sensitivity GPS receiver
        > Expandable Memory (TransFlash)
        >
        > SiRF high-sensitivity GPS receiver (chipset) should finally get
        Garmin
        > up to the Magellans in keeping locks under tree cover. At
        least that
        > is what I have heard (even for the 60 series).
        >
        > Alan

      • Dick Young
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 26, 2005
          Can't spell! Blizzard