New to Geocaching

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 46 , Nov 17, 2005
      I just bought a new GPSr and will start geocaching this weekend. I've
      been hiking a lot lately near Bull Creek and City Park, since I can
      walk to City Park from my home, it's where I'll begin my Geocaching
      adventure. Does anyone have any hints or pointers for me?
    • Jay
      Message 46 of 46 , Jan 5, 2010
        Victor,

        I am fairly new to geocaching myself, I have yet to place a cache myself, but I have thought about doing so since I was introduced to this obsession even more so of late. So I have been interested to read what others have written about the process as well as the procedure. I just finished reading an article which reminded me of your questions and I thought that it might be informative for you.  The article is:  Elements of Style in Geocaching  which is found at geocacher-u.com under the geocaching 201 section. Perhaps some of the information in it will help you determine how to create the cache that you want to create.
        In fact geocacher-u has some very good information that I wish some one had pointed me to months ago.

        Jay / BingOGT