Re: Info on Emma Long Park for campers

  • Lou Catozzi
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2002
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@y..., "Candy Lind" <candylind@e...> wrote:
      > I couldn't get through to the park (turns out their phone is out of
      > order), so I drove over there and got the info.
      >
      > The number at the park (when they get the phone fixed) is 512-346-
      > 1831, if you have any more questions about facilities, or you can
      > email me and I'll call them.
      >
      > Happy Trails,
      > Candy

      I should have known someone else would jump in thier car and get the
      info. I didn't check my email this morning and just headed out there
      to get the same info. The tent camping area looks to be a real nice
      GRASS field of a dozen acres or so. There is also some camping back
      under the trees. It's all real close to the water and the swim beach.
      All together, a great place for a family campout. I've stayed at
      McKinney Falls a couple times with our church youth group and it's
      much more typical of Texas camping - dirt and rocks under cedar and
      oak and lots of poison ivy.

      Lou

      PS - I also checked out two of the caches in the park. One -
      UncleRojelio's Recycled Cache - is the most scenically beautiful of
      all the geocaches I've been to so far. The other - EMMA's a goth
      godess by PrincessButtercup - is a bitch of a scramble to get to. It's
      the first cache I've been to where, even after I located it, I wasn't
      sure I could get to it!