Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anyone doing Geocoins?

Expand Messages
  • Grajek
    I bought 10, put them out and they got taken and never put in a cache again. ... From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 2, 2005
      I bought 10, put them out and they got taken and never put in a cache
      again.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike
      Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 5:18 PM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anyone doing Geocoins?


      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lowracer"
      <lowracer@c...> wrote:
      >
      > Who is collecting Geocoins?
      >

      I've been caching for nearly two years and I've never even seen one.
      Maybe not a Central Texas thing?

      Mike








      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Lowracer
      Yeah, I m kinda thinking about doing a lowracer personal geocoin, using my headshot for the front and I m not sure about what to put on the back.
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 2, 2005
        Yeah, I'm kinda thinking about doing a lowracer personal geocoin,
        using my headshot for the front and I'm not sure about what to put on
        the back.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "m771401"
        <m771401@h...> wrote:
        >
        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lowracer"
        > <lowracer@c...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Who is collecting Geocoins?
        > >
        > > I held an outdoor caching event here in Wichita last night (yes we
        > > froze our "Hugh Jazzes" off thank you very much), and Ladycacher came
        > > up from Granbury to attend the event, along with her son Austin and
        > > her collection of 300 geocoins. I had no idea that there were so many
        > > different kinds of geocoins. Is anyone in Austin into collecting
        > > these? Just curious. Not that I'm collecting or anything. I only
        > > have three, the Texas Autumn 2005 Lost Maples coin and two coins that
        > > Ladycacher gave me.
        > >
        > > -mark
        > > aka "lowracer"
        > > aka "Hugh Jazz"
        > >
        >
        > Geocoins are out of control.. > http://cointracking.com/
        >
      • Mike
        ... I ve been caching for nearly two years and I ve never even seen one. Maybe not a Central Texas thing? Mike
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 2, 2005
          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lowracer"
          <lowracer@c...> wrote:
          >
          > Who is collecting Geocoins?
          >

          I've been caching for nearly two years and I've never even seen one.
          Maybe not a Central Texas thing?

          Mike
        • Perrine Julie-ra5686
          How about your Hugh Jazz ? Julie ... From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lowracer Sent:
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 2, 2005
            Message
            How about your "Hugh Jazz"?
            Julie
            -----Original Message-----
            From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lowracer
            Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 4:59 PM
            To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anyone doing Geocoins?

            Yeah, I'm kinda thinking about doing a lowracer personal geocoin,
            using my headshot for the front and I'm not sure about what to put on
            the back. 

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "m771401"
            <m771401@h...> wrote:
            >
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lowracer"
            > <lowracer@c...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Who is collecting Geocoins?
            > >
            > > I held an outdoor caching event here in Wichita last night (yes we
            > > froze our "Hugh Jazzes" off thank you very much), and Ladycacher came
            > > up from Granbury to attend the event, along with her son Austin and
            > > her collection of 300 geocoins.  I had no idea that there were so many
            > > different kinds of geocoins.  Is anyone in Austin into collecting
            > > these?  Just curious.  Not that I'm collecting or anything.  I only
            > > have three, the Texas Autumn 2005 Lost Maples coin and two coins that
            > > Ladycacher gave me.
            > >
            > > -mark
            > > aka "lowracer"
            > > aka "Hugh Jazz"
            > >
            >
            > Geocoins are out of control.. > http://cointracking.com/
            >




          • gtbevo2000
            Man Julie!! You beat me to the punch. That s exactly what I was going to suggest!! Alyson/gtbevo ... Lowracer ... to ... night ... anything. ... two ... web.
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 2, 2005
              Man Julie!! You beat me to the punch. That's exactly what I was
              going to suggest!!

              Alyson/gtbevo

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine Julie-
              ra5686" <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
              >
              > How about your "Hugh Jazz"?
              > Julie
              >
              > -----Original Message-----
              > From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
              > [mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
              Lowracer
              > Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 4:59 PM
              > To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anyone doing Geocoins?
              >
              >
              > Yeah, I'm kinda thinking about doing a lowracer personal
              > geocoin,
              > using my headshot for the front and I'm not sure about what
              to
              > put on
              > the back.
              >
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "m771401"
              > <m771401@h...> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lowracer"
              > > <lowracer@c...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Who is collecting Geocoins?
              > > >
              > > > I held an outdoor caching event here in Wichita last
              night
              > (yes we
              > > > froze our "Hugh Jazzes" off thank you very much), and
              > Ladycacher came
              > > > up from Granbury to attend the event, along with her son
              > Austin and
              > > > her collection of 300 geocoins. I had no idea that there
              > were so many
              > > > different kinds of geocoins. Is anyone in Austin into
              > collecting
              > > > these? Just curious. Not that I'm collecting or
              anything.
              > I only
              > > > have three, the Texas Autumn 2005 Lost Maples coin and
              two
              > coins that
              > > > Ladycacher gave me.
              > > >
              > > > -mark
              > > > aka "lowracer"
              > > > aka "Hugh Jazz"
              > > >
              > >
              > > Geocoins are out of control.. > http://cointracking.com/
              > >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > ________________________________
              >
              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              >
              >
              >
              > * Visit your group "CentralTexasGeocachers
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers> " on the
              web.
              >
              > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
              > CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?
              subject=Unsub
              > scribe>
              >
              > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
              > Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
              >
              >
              > ________________________________
              >
            • Alex Alexander
              ... I recently produced the European Union geocoin and am currently working on the UK coin. I only sold a couple in Central Texas, must be a regional thing.
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 2, 2005
                >
                >
                >I've been caching for nearly two years and I've never even seen one.
                >Maybe not a Central Texas thing?
                >
                >Mike

                I recently produced the European Union geocoin and am currently
                working on the UK coin. I only sold a couple in Central Texas, must
                be a regional thing.

                Alex.
              • Lowracer
                Yeah but I think what s important to bear in mind is that the geocoin hobby has morphed into a coin *collecting* hobby rather than a caching/tracking
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 3, 2005
                  Yeah but I think what's important to bear in mind is that the geocoin
                  hobby has morphed into a coin *collecting* hobby rather than a
                  caching/tracking travel-bug style hobby.

                  You make a limited run of personal, serial-numbered geocoins, say 300
                  or so, then you post the artwork on a caching forum, take orders, then
                  sell them off, keeping a few dozen to trade with. Many coin
                  originators don't even bother to make them trackable on the web
                  anymore. For that you can deploy trackable wooden geo-nickels at a
                  quarter a pop. Those should circulate better since they don't have
                  the gee-whiz factor like the metal ones do. The rarer geocoins go on
                  eBay for a premium. The personal geocoin can be thought of as a
                  special class of signature item if that helps.

                  I'm not a geocoin collector but I find the side-hobbies of geocaching
                  that have sprung up just fascinating. FTF-races, coin collecting,
                  icon collecting, the whole geo-woodstock culture, travel-bugging,
                  benchmarking, signature item making/collecting, etc. It's amazing.

                  -mark.

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek" <jgrajek@a...>
                  wrote:
                  >
                  > I bought 10, put them out and they got taken and never put in a cache
                  > again.
                • grrlfrog71
                  OH MAN!! I just read Hugh s email and responded to him privately with the SAME COMMENT!!!!! It s a William Cannon thing... GyF ... Lowracer ... to ... night
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 3, 2005
                    OH MAN!! I just read Hugh's email and responded to him privately
                    with the SAME COMMENT!!!!! It's a William Cannon thing...

                    GyF

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine Julie-
                    ra5686" <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
                    >
                    > How about your "Hugh Jazz"?
                    > Julie
                    >
                    > -----Original Message-----
                    > From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                    > [mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
                    Lowracer
                    > Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 4:59 PM
                    > To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                    > Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anyone doing Geocoins?
                    >
                    >
                    > Yeah, I'm kinda thinking about doing a lowracer personal
                    > geocoin,
                    > using my headshot for the front and I'm not sure about what
                    to
                    > put on
                    > the back.
                    >
                    > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "m771401"
                    > <m771401@h...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lowracer"
                    > > <lowracer@c...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Who is collecting Geocoins?
                    > > >
                    > > > I held an outdoor caching event here in Wichita last
                    night
                    > (yes we
                    > > > froze our "Hugh Jazzes" off thank you very much), and
                    > Ladycacher came
                    > > > up from Granbury to attend the event, along with her son
                    > Austin and
                    > > > her collection of 300 geocoins. I had no idea that there
                    > were so many
                    > > > different kinds of geocoins. Is anyone in Austin into
                    > collecting
                    > > > these? Just curious. Not that I'm collecting or
                    anything.
                    > I only
                    > > > have three, the Texas Autumn 2005 Lost Maples coin and
                    two
                    > coins that
                    > > > Ladycacher gave me.
                    > > >
                    > > > -mark
                    > > > aka "lowracer"
                    > > > aka "Hugh Jazz"
                    > > >
                    > >
                    > > Geocoins are out of control.. > http://cointracking.com/
                    > >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > ________________________________
                    >
                    > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > * Visit your group "CentralTexasGeocachers
                    > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers> " on the
                    web.
                    >
                    > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                    > CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                    > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?
                    subject=Unsub
                    > scribe>
                    >
                    > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
                    > Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
                    >
                    >
                    > ________________________________
                    >
                  • Mark Gessner
                    What do you mean my Hugh Jazz? Like a Jazz instrument? Maybe some nice bongo drums? Or what... exactly? Send me some artwork, crude sketches, that sorta
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 3, 2005
                      What do you mean my "Hugh Jazz?" Like a Jazz instrument? Maybe some
                      nice bongo drums?
                      Or what... exactly? Send me some artwork, crude sketches, that sorta
                      thing.

                      I want to design a geocoin that will pull in $300 bids on eBay once I
                      get it done.

                      -mark.

                      On Nov 3, 2005, at 7:26 PM, grrlfrog71 wrote:

                      > OH MAN!! I just read Hugh's email and responded to him privately
                      > with the SAME COMMENT!!!!! It's a William Cannon thing...
                    • G.O. Mental
                      lol, i think nearly everyone in this group had the same thought. perhaps you could have hugh jazz mooning everyone with his bongo drums ? t
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 4, 2005
                        lol, i think nearly everyone in this group had the same thought.  perhaps you could have 'hugh jazz' mooning everyone with his 'bongo drums'?

                        t

                        Mark Gessner wrote:
                        What do you mean my "Hugh Jazz?"  Like a Jazz instrument? Maybe some  
                        nice bongo drums?
                        Or what... exactly?  Send me some artwork, crude sketches, that sorta  
                        thing.
                        
                        I want to design a geocoin that will pull in $300 bids on eBay once I  
                        get it done.
                        
                        -mark.
                        
                        On Nov 3, 2005, at 7:26 PM, grrlfrog71 wrote:
                        
                          
                        OH MAN!!  I just read Hugh's email and responded to him privately
                        with the SAME COMMENT!!!!!  It's a William Cannon thing...
                            
                        
                        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
                        Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
                        http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/YltolB/TM
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 
                        
                         
                        Yahoo! Groups Links
                        
                        <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/
                        
                        <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                            CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                        
                        <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                         
                        
                        
                        
                        
                          

                      • Philip C. Mason
                        You could have a likeness of Wayne with his face covered with a bandana just like in the Wanted: The Outlaw series with the Geocaching logo on it. Philman ...
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 4, 2005
                          You could have a likeness of Wayne with his face covered with a bandana  just like in the Wanted: The Outlaw series with the Geocaching logo on it.
                           
                          Philman
                          ----- Original Message -----
                          Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 2:18 AM
                          Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Anyone doing Geocoins?

                          lol, i think nearly everyone in this group had the same thought.  perhaps you could have 'hugh jazz' mooning everyone with his 'bongo drums'?

                          t

                          Mark Gessner wrote:
                          What do you mean my "Hugh Jazz?"  Like a Jazz instrument? Maybe some  
                          nice bongo drums?
                          Or what... exactly?  Send me some artwork, crude sketches, that sorta  
                          thing.
                          
                          I want to design a geocoin that will pull in $300 bids on eBay once I  
                          get it done.
                          
                          -mark.
                          
                          On Nov 3, 2005, at 7:26 PM, grrlfrog71 wrote:
                          
                            
                          OH MAN!!  I just read Hugh's email and responded to him privately
                          with the SAME COMMENT!!!!!  It's a William Cannon thing...
                              
                          
                          ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
                          Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
                          http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/YltolB/TM
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 
                          
                           
                          Yahoo! Groups Links
                          
                          <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/
                          
                          <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                              CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                          
                          <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                           
                          
                          
                          
                          
                            

                        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.