OT: Can we borrow XP Home for Compaq??

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
      I told a tech at my Rehab center that Wayne and I would see if we can
      figure out what's wrong with his computer. I have the computer, but the
      guy couldn't find his disks for the operating system (XP Home edition).
      The different computer makers make their own customizations for these
      disks, dependent on their proprietary BIOS, so we can't use any disks
      we have to get the system to boot up. Does someone have a set of Compaq
      XP Home Edition disks that we could borrow for a couple of days?

      Thanks,
      Candy
    • Anthony Vigil
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2005
        Candy,

        I might have an OEM version of Win XP Home SP1 ,,,, I will look for it and
        let you know.

        Anthony