Re: News8Austin's geocaching stories now online

  • dhadad
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
      We mentioned ONCE that in theory you could get 3m accuracy with WAAS
      enabled to Amy.

      She converted that to 10 feet and ran with it. It's like mentioned no
      less than 20 times...

      My favorite is when she mentions that you have like "500 caches in a
      mile radius"!!!

      Julie and I had almost burst out laughing off-camera!!

      Amy later said she knew she gaffed as soon as she said it. Too funny.

      Dan
      inspectorgadget

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lowracer"
      <lowracer@c...> wrote:

      > Great video coverage. Good job!
      >
      > I'm wondering though, which model of GPS are you using that gets you
      > "within 10 feet?" I've been caching for years and only twice can I
      > remember showing better than 10 feet of error.

    • Perrine Julie-ra5686
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
        Message
        I've had my 60CS down to 4" of accuracy when I was averaging a waypoint.
        I'm wondering though, which model of GPS are you using that gets you
        "within 10 feet?"   I've been caching for years and only twice can I
        remember showing better than 10 feet of error.

      • Alex Alexander
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005

          >My favorite is when she mentions that you have like "500 caches in a
          >mile radius"!!!
          >
          >Julie and I had almost burst out laughing off-camera!!

          You have to go to Jacksonville for that kind of cache density :))

          Alex (&Kim)
        • Lowracer
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
            Yeah I figured it was something like that. But other than that one
            small detail it seemed like a really good and positive video. BTW
            Some joker named "Hugh Jazz" posted a link to the video on the gc.com
            forums so y'all are now famous worldwide.

            -mark
            aka "lowracer"
            aka "Hugh Jazz" ;-)

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "dhadad" <lists@s...>
            wrote:

            > We mentioned ONCE that in theory you could get 3m accuracy with WAAS
            > enabled to Amy.
            >
            > She converted that to 10 feet and ran with it. It's like mentioned no
            > less than 20 times...
          • Lowracer
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
              Four *inches* of accuracy? Wow! One of these days I've just gotta
              update my 60CS firmware! ;-)

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine Julie-ra5686"