kilometers to miles?

  • Jana
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
      I'm getting distances from GC in kilometers instead of miles. Is this
      a new thing? Can I adjust a setting somewhere so it will show miles
      again? I placed a cache today within .33 km of another one. Is
      that .10 of a mile?
      Jana
    • Wayne Lind

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
          Cybercat...
          I don't know right off how to change your gc back to miles, but to
          check the conversion, you can also go to google and do a search on:
          .33 km in miles
          and the google calculator will do the work for you.
          (it is > 0.2 miles)

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jana" <cybercat@g...>
          wrote:

          > I'm getting distances from GC in kilometers instead of miles. Is this
          > a new thing? Can I adjust a setting somewhere so it will show miles
          > again? I placed a cache today within .33 km of another one. Is
          > that .10 of a mile?
          > Jana

        • Wayne Lind
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
            If it is within the GC webpage, you can change from metric to miles within your profile. Edit your profile and look under the Preferences section for "Preferred Units" Make sure the "Imperial" radio button is selected.

            If it is within GSAK, click on TOOLS and then OPTIONS, and select MILES in the top right corner of the GENERAL tab.

            wrote:

            > I'm getting distances from GC in kilometers instead of miles.  Is this
            > a new thing?  Can I adjust a setting somewhere so it will show miles
            > again?  I placed a cache today within .33 km of another one.  Is
            > that .10 of a mile?
            > Jana

          • cybercat
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
              it's on the web page.  Will try to fix it like you suggested.Thanx

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
                Oh goody goody goody!!!  Wayne, that fixed it! Thank you thank you!!!! Don't know HOW that metric button got pushed!
                Jana