News8Austin's geocaching stories now online

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2005
      Thanks for Dan Hadad for putting the video into a computer-friendly
      format. All but one of the segments are joined together into one large
      Windows media file available here:

      http://www.austinexplorer.com/ShowArticle.asp?ArticleID=3

      The News8Austin piece is near the bottom of the page (Oct. 21, 2005).
      I'm trying to fill in any blanks on all media coverage that Austin and
      Austin-area geocachers have had over the years.

      Robert
      http://www.austinexplorer.com/
      http://www.texashiking.com/
    • Candy Lind
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 31, 2005

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <robert.barron@g...> wrote:

        > Thanks for Dan Hadad for putting the video into a computer-friendly
        > format. All but one of the segments are joined together into one large
        > Windows media file available here:
        >
        > http://www.austinexplorer.com/ShowArticle.asp?ArticleID=3
        >
        > The News8Austin piece is near the bottom of the page (Oct. 21, 2005).
        > I'm trying to fill in any blanks on all media coverage that Austin and
        > Austin-area geocachers have had over the years.
        >
        > Robert
        > http://www.austinexplorer.com/
        > http://www.texashiking.com/

        THANK GOODNESS I'm no longer the only one caught on tape!! You guys are MUCH PRETTIER! LOL

        Candy

      • Lowracer
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 31, 2005
          Great video coverage. Good job!

          I'm wondering though, which model of GPS are you using that gets you
          "within 10 feet?" I've been caching for years and only twice can I
          remember showing better than 10 feet of error.
        • dhadad
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
            We mentioned ONCE that in theory you could get 3m accuracy with WAAS
            enabled to Amy.

            She converted that to 10 feet and ran with it. It's like mentioned no
            less than 20 times...

            My favorite is when she mentions that you have like "500 caches in a
            mile radius"!!!

            Julie and I had almost burst out laughing off-camera!!

            Amy later said she knew she gaffed as soon as she said it. Too funny.

            Dan
            inspectorgadget

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lowracer"
            <lowracer@c...> wrote:

            > Great video coverage. Good job!
            >
            > I'm wondering though, which model of GPS are you using that gets you
            > "within 10 feet?" I've been caching for years and only twice can I
            > remember showing better than 10 feet of error.

          • Perrine Julie-ra5686
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
              Message
              I've had my 60CS down to 4" of accuracy when I was averaging a waypoint.
              I'm wondering though, which model of GPS are you using that gets you
              "within 10 feet?"   I've been caching for years and only twice can I
              remember showing better than 10 feet of error.

            • Alex Alexander
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005

                >My favorite is when she mentions that you have like "500 caches in a
                >mile radius"!!!
                >
                >Julie and I had almost burst out laughing off-camera!!

                You have to go to Jacksonville for that kind of cache density :))

                Alex (&Kim)
              • Lowracer
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
                  Yeah I figured it was something like that. But other than that one
                  small detail it seemed like a really good and positive video. BTW
                  Some joker named "Hugh Jazz" posted a link to the video on the gc.com
                  forums so y'all are now famous worldwide.

                  -mark
                  aka "lowracer"
                  aka "Hugh Jazz" ;-)

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "dhadad" <lists@s...>
                  wrote:

                  > We mentioned ONCE that in theory you could get 3m accuracy with WAAS
                  > enabled to Amy.
                  >
                  > She converted that to 10 feet and ran with it. It's like mentioned no
                  > less than 20 times...
                • Lowracer
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
                    Four *inches* of accuracy? Wow! One of these days I've just gotta
                    update my 60CS firmware! ;-)

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine Julie-ra5686"