Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: virtual caches not approved

  • Cindy
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2003
      I agree with George. I was in California this summer, for a few days, and had the opportunity to do 3 caches. One was a virtual... that could have been a real cache, not too many people etc. Nothing Wow about it. One had food in it, and was in a place posted as a dangerous area, and one was a decent cache, but in a high traffic area, that would make it difficult, at times, to hunt. I don't know Hemlock, but his moniker speaks volumes. I wasn't particularly impressed with CA, but now I am not at all impressed. He left his email, and I intend to share a little of my Texas Pride with him.... all of you are invited to do the same...

      Cindy

      "George D. Nincehelser" <george@...> wrote:
      That's the first time I've heard of the "WOW" test.  It's far too
      subjective.

      I see a micro here as debatable.  Having one wouldn't add anything to my
      pleasure.  In fact, I think it would be an annoying distraction.  The focus
      should be on learning the history and background of the site.

      If it was just a micro, many people would just sign the log and leave, but
      making it a virtual forces people to interact with cache at an intellectual
      level, and to me that's pretty cool.

      In short, I like this cache as-is.

      George

        > The cache page in question is posted here:
        > http://www.texasgeocaching.com/virt/Cybercat_virt.html
        >
        > I think I've stated this previously - if you have a beef with GC.com
        > or anything / anyone associated with it, post it on the big league
        > forums - gc.com.

        Do you Yahoo!?

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Megindler@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 1, 2003
          With meds, without meds.....

          pool, pond, pond will be good for him.  Don't forget the sunscreen Chico!
        • Megindler@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 1, 2003
            It looks like a cool virtual.  One I would definitely take the time to do and learn something about.  I guess museums "do it" for me.  Not that I mind being in a different category as Hemlock!