virtual caches not approved

  • cybercat10120002000
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 31, 2003
      Hey, this is cybercat in San Antonio. Are you guys having trouble
      getting virtuals approved? I sent in a couple and some guy named
      Hemlock sent me a really nasty reply telling me to put a micro
      there. He said, do you want me to send a couple of my buddies down
      there to show you that it can be done? ( The places I was trying to
      was placed there, it wouldn't stay for more than a couple of days.)
      Then he says, if you would spend your time hiding real caches
      instead of virtuals, everybody would be better off. Well,
      DUH, I've hidden about 70 caches by now and most of them are real.
      What is the deal with the nasty remarks? Anyone else having this
      problem?
      Jana AKA Cybercat
    • ICSFSEDoD
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 31, 2003
        Here we go again! Cybercat, read the archives from a couple of weeks ago,
        numerous people are having problems.

        The most notable post is this link:
        http://www.seaotters.net/~scout/Geodashing/geocaching/history.htm
        about how Jeremy is trying to take over.

        FireCacher

        > Hey, this is cybercat in San Antonio. Are you guys having trouble
        > getting virtuals approved? I sent in a couple and some guy named
        > Hemlock sent me a really nasty reply telling me to put a micro
        > there. He said, do you want me to send a couple of my buddies down
        > there to show you that it can be done? ( The places I was trying to
        > was placed there, it wouldn't stay for more than a couple of days.)
        > Then he says, if you would spend your time hiding real caches
        > instead of virtuals, everybody would be better off. Well,
        > DUH, I've hidden about 70 caches by now and most of them are real.
        > What is the deal with the nasty remarks? Anyone else having this
        > problem?
        > Jana AKA Cybercat

      • ICSFSEDoD
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 31, 2003
          Anyone have a link to the thread on GC.com that was discussing this?

        • Megindler@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 31, 2003
            Oh my gosh, here we go again.  Just wait for the replies!
          • Tim Gahagan
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 31, 2003
              Here we go again, were out of our mind
              were out of our medicine, and you always want to let us in...

              Tim

              At 06:35 PM 7/31/2003 -0400, you wrote:
              Oh my gosh, here we go again.  Just wait for the replies!
              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                T. Patrick Gahagan
                President and CEO
                GGI Technologies
                E-Mail: tim@...     Voice : (512)930-9798 Ext. 3272
                PGP Public Key available

              I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, and our flag still waves proudly from the walls. I shall never surrender or retreat.
              William Barret Travis - Commandancy of the Alamo
              Bexar, Feby. 24th, 1836
            • Wayne Lind
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 31, 2003
                Jana,
                Please do me a favor. Post this email including the EXACT copy of Hemlocks reply to the TXGA forum site. Also, please describe in as much detail as you can where these are and why you think they should be virtuals. I think we need a much bigger audience for this thread. If everyone reading this local site feels that Hemlock was wrong, it is VITAL that you log onto the TXGA forum and let everyone know how you feel. If we can get enough Texans foaming at the mouth over this we will take this show on the road to the Geocaching.com forums and see if we can't get this review process overhauled. In the meantime, you can always post your caches on the Navicache.com site. If you all want this to stop, we can't keep this discussion local. It has to grow.

                Wayne

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 31, 2003

                  Don’t let Grajek know, you know how he gets without his meds.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 31, 2003
                    Well stated Wayne.
                    The cache page in question is posted here:
                    http://www.texasgeocaching.com/virt/Cybercat_virt.html

                    I think I've stated this previously - if you have a beef with GC.com
                    or anything / anyone associated with it, post it on the big league
                    forums - gc.com.

                    Service.
                  • George D. Nincehelser
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 31, 2003
                      That's the first time I've heard of the "WOW" test. It's far too
                      subjective.

                      I see a micro here as debatable. Having one wouldn't add anything to my
                      pleasure. In fact, I think it would be an annoying distraction. The focus
                      should be on learning the history and background of the site.

                      If it was just a micro, many people would just sign the log and leave, but
                      making it a virtual forces people to interact with cache at an intellectual
                      level, and to me that's pretty cool.

                      In short, I like this cache as-is.

                      George

                      > The cache page in question is posted here:
                      > http://www.texasgeocaching.com/virt/Cybercat_virt.html
                      >
                      > I think I've stated this previously - if you have a beef with GC.com
                      > or anything / anyone associated with it, post it on the big league
                      > forums - gc.com.
                    • Cindy

                        > The cache page in question is posted here:
                        > http://www.texasgeocaching.com/virt/Cybercat_virt.html
                        >
                        > I think I've stated this previously - if you have a beef with GC.com
                        > or anything / anyone associated with it, post it on the big league
                        > forums - gc.com.

                        Do you Yahoo!?
                      • Cindy

                          > The cache page in question is posted here:
                          > http://www.texasgeocaching.com/virt/Cybercat_virt.html
                          >
                          > I think I've stated this previously - if you have a beef with GC.com
                          > or anything / anyone associated with it, post it on the big league
                          > forums - gc.com.

                          Do you Yahoo!?

                          Do you Yahoo!?
                        • Megindler@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 1, 2003
                            With meds, without meds.....

                            pool, pond, pond will be good for him.  Don't forget the sunscreen Chico!
                          • Megindler@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 1, 2003
                              It looks like a cool virtual.  One I would definitely take the time to do and learn something about.  I guess museums "do it" for me.  Not that I mind being in a different category as Hemlock!