Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] New State Natural Area

  • Chris, Penny, Logan and Liahm Nowak
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2005
      Jana knows about this place...she had sort of an event out there last year.  Does anyone know if they will allow geocaching?
      Penny

      Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Xena and  Gabriel Nowak
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2005
        They are going to allow it on a trial basis.  We have to be extremely careful to check with them first and tell them where the cache is going to be and not put anything in an endangered plant area or anything like that.  If people looking for the cache disturb the area in any way, they will not allow them.  I spoke with them last year about caches in there and they are not real yippy skippy about it, but they are going to try us out.
        They are going to be watching us VERY closely and if even one cache disturbs that area in any way, they will throw us out.
        So, hiders and finders, tread with CAUTION.
        Jana

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
          I got to visit this park a couple of years ago for a survival
          workshop (when public access was still restricted). We didn't have
          the opportunity to explore the area too much, but what I saw was
          nice. It was featured on the TP&WD show yesterday on KUT, so they
          will probably be getting some crowds there!

          Joan "UGoGirl"

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Cybercat"
          <cybercat@w...> wrote:
          > They are going to allow it on a trial basis. We have to be
          extremely careful to check with them first and tell them where the
          cache is going to be and not put anything in an endangered plant
          area or anything like that. If people looking for the cache disturb
          the area in any way, they will not allow them. I spoke with them
          last year about caches in there and they are not real yippy skippy
          about it, but they are going to try us out.
          > They are going to be watching us VERY closely and if even one
          cache disturbs that area in any way, they will throw us out.
          > So, hiders and finders, tread with CAUTION.
          > Jana

          sant just Central texas college online
          > Central texas college distance learning Outdoors City
          park hotel pelayo

          > c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
          Terms of Service.

          ---------