New State Natural Area

  • Brent
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2005
      Have you all heard about this?

      http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/releases/?req=20050919a

      At almost 9000 acres and 40 miles of trails, I can't wait to check it
      out!

      Brent

      (BANDA)
    • Chris, Penny, Logan and Liahm Nowak
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2005
        Jana knows about this place...she had sort of an event out there last year.  Does anyone know if they will allow geocaching?
        Penny

        Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Xena and  Gabriel Nowak
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2005
          They are going to allow it on a trial basis.  We have to be extremely careful to check with them first and tell them where the cache is going to be and not put anything in an endangered plant area or anything like that.  If people looking for the cache disturb the area in any way, they will not allow them.  I spoke with them last year about caches in there and they are not real yippy skippy about it, but they are going to try us out.
          They are going to be watching us VERY closely and if even one cache disturbs that area in any way, they will throw us out.
          So, hiders and finders, tread with CAUTION.
          Jana

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
            I got to visit this park a couple of years ago for a survival
            workshop (when public access was still restricted). We didn't have
            the opportunity to explore the area too much, but what I saw was
            nice. It was featured on the TP&WD show yesterday on KUT, so they
            will probably be getting some crowds there!

            Joan "UGoGirl"

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Cybercat"
            <cybercat@w...> wrote:
            > They are going to allow it on a trial basis. We have to be
            extremely careful to check with them first and tell them where the
            cache is going to be and not put anything in an endangered plant
            area or anything like that. If people looking for the cache disturb
            the area in any way, they will not allow them. I spoke with them
            last year about caches in there and they are not real yippy skippy
            about it, but they are going to try us out.
            > They are going to be watching us VERY closely and if even one
            cache disturbs that area in any way, they will throw us out.
            > So, hiders and finders, tread with CAUTION.
            > Jana

            sant just Central texas college online
            > Central texas college distance learning Outdoors City
            park hotel pelayo

            > c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
            Terms of Service.

            ---------