relief efforts -- let's continue!

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2005
      As Mary Ann continues to receive replies to her emails, I'm certain we
      can find others who will appreciate our help. I propose that we
      continue our fund-raising and collection efforts, and if Mary Ann is
      game (I bet she is!), she and I will find ways to distribute what we
      collect. Just let us know what you have (include sizes for clothing if
      you collect any). I'm certain many of you have given to the Red Cross,
      but here's your chance to get rid of a little surplus "stuff" for a
      good cause.

      Is there anyone that has time free during the day that would like to go
      either to the collection center to sort, or to the clinic to do some
      data entry? Maybe we can carpool to save gas. I can't go til Monday,
      but let's make some plans!

      Candy
      Moosiegirl (hey MCP I remembered!)
    • grrlfrog71
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2005
        I had to laugh. Yesterday as I was collecting things around the
        house to send to Houston I kept thinking, man, what incentive to do
        some "spring cleaning" I have been putting off forever. It was real
        motivation to think, "Do I really still need this? Nah! Someone
        else could use it, I'm sure!"

        So I was able to send off some extra sheets, towels, books, stuffed
        animals and then I hit the geocaching stash for a few items for the
        kids. I wound up filling an ENTIRE BACKPACK and it hardly made a
        dent. As some geocachers know first-hand, I have a LOT of stuff!

        Geocacher+Packrat=HurricaneRelief

        At this point, most emails I have received are from people doing
        well. My concern is for those who have not written back yet. So,
        please do continue to box up donations and Candy & I can get them
        where they need to go.

        Now onto the CLOSET!!!

        Thanks,
        Mary Ann

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2005
          Just a backpack??? =LOL!!!=

          The Jernigans are packrats of the worst order.... well, not WORST ...
          but, well, I'll be helping other families, too.

          On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 16:02:44 -0000 "grrlfrog71" <mlaverty@...>
          writes:
          > I had to laugh. Yesterday as I was collecting things around the
          > house to send to Houston I kept thinking, man, what incentive to do
          >
          > some "spring cleaning" I have been putting off forever. It was real
          >
          > motivation to think, "Do I really still need this? Nah! Someone
          > else could use it, I'm sure!"
          >
          > So I was able to send off some extra sheets, towels, books, stuffed
          >
          > animals and then I hit the geocaching stash for a few items for the
          >
          > kids. I wound up filling an ENTIRE BACKPACK and it hardly made a
          > dent. As some geocachers know first-hand, I have a LOT of stuff!
          >
          > Geocacher+Packrat=HurricaneRelief
          >
          > At this point, most emails I have received are from people doing
          > well. My concern is for those who have not written back yet. So,
          > please do continue to box up donations and Candy & I can get them
          > where they need to go.
          >
          > Now onto the CLOSET!!!
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Mary Ann
          >
          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind"
          > <candylind@e...> wrote:
          > > As Mary Ann continues to receive replies to her emails, I'm
          > certain we
          > > can find others who will appreciate our help. I propose that we
          > > continue our fund-raising and collection efforts, and if Mary Ann
          >
          > is
          > > game (I bet she is!), she and I will find ways to distribute what
          >
          > we
          > > collect. Just let us know what you have (include sizes for
          > clothing if
          > > you collect any). I'm certain many of you have given to the Red
          > Cross,
          > > but here's your chance to get rid of a little surplus "stuff" for

          > > good cause.

          > --------------------~-->
          > home page
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/YltolB/TM

          CAUTION: Applying logic and plausibility to summer movies will only annoy
          you and those around you. Just let it go. --Wiley Miller; Non Sequitur;
          07-26-05
          "How can you think about eating at a time like this? Don't you have ANY
          sentimentality?"
          "I have lots of sentimentality... it's my stomach that's practical." --
          Charles M. Schulz; Peanuts