Re: Lost in the Dark

  • dscherer1966
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 2, 2005
      I think the foot family may be there. Txbigfoot, txlittle foot and
      Tx small foot.
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Curtis Wyman"
      <cwymanjr@a...> wrote:
      > MessageYes, I will call you.
      >
      > In case you are north, here is one that has not been published
      yet...

      > Even my wife thought the container was cool...
      >
      > Curtis
      >
      > Bring Your Own Lawn Chair
      > [Click to temporarily disable]
      > by Stratman & the Hoot [profile]
      >

      > Cache Issues:
      >
      > a.. This cache has not been approved yet. Once it is approved,
      it will be
      > listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have
      left a note
      > for this listing.
      > N 30° 23.754 W 097° 42.596
      > UTM: 14R E 623932 N 3363361
      > SW 6.5mi from your home coordinates.
      > or convert to NAD27 at Jeeep.com
      >

      > Click icon to download:
      >
      > Read about waypoint downloads
      >
      > In Texas, United States [view map]
      > Hidden: 9/2/2005
      > Use waypoint: GCQD02 (what's this?)
      > Make this page print-friendly (no logs)
      >

      > Please note: To use the services of geocaching.com, you must
      agree to
      > the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.
      >

      > (ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
      > Difficulty: Terrain:
      >
      > The terrain is very mild, I didn't see anything poisonous, but
      there is
      > potential for a lot of muggle traffic nearby. You DO NOT HAVE TO
      CLIMB THE
      > POWER POLE!
      >

      > Since I can no longer afford gas to cache during lunch, I took a
      little
      > stroll around the area where I work. This location just cries out
      for a
      > cache. It has the perfect ingredients for a cache - plenty of
      hidey holes,
      > beautiful pine trees, oak trees, and others, there are huge power
      lines
      > right above you helping to confuse your GPSr even more, the ground
      is
      > covered with natural pine mulch, and it is so shady that even in
      100 degree
      > weather, it is very comfortable.
      > So bring your own lawn chair and enjoy the breeze. You may need
      it when
      > you get tired from searching.
      >

      > Additional Hints (Decrypt) Decryption Key
      > -------------------------
      > (letter above equals below,
      > and vice versa)
      >

      > Yboybyyl crqhapyr

      Curtis Wyman
      > Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:34 AM
      > To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Lost in the Dark
      >

      > Okay, I am officially organizing a Lost in the Dark party for
      this
      > Sunday night, September 4th. Let's meet at 7:30 PM at the
      posted
      > coordinates for "Third Moon from Planet Essiada" (30° 24.232 W
      097°
      > 40.895) unless one of you experienced folks has a better
      meeting spot
      > for the cache.
      >
      > I have heard only great things about this cache and have also
      heard
      > that non-geocachers would really have a lot of fun with it as
      well. So
      > feel free to bring your friends. Everyone is welcome,
      everyone is
      > invited!
      >
      > The Hoot and I will be there. I will try to bring a new
      geocaching
      > friend (searcher_gone_astray) too.
      >
      > So come on! Let's get lost in the dark!
      > Stratman (Curtis)

      estate
      > City park hotel sant just
      > Outdoors City park hotel pelayo City parks

      > c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
      Terms of

      ---------
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 3, 2005
        Waterweasel, The Tygress, and Raven Eye expect to be there.  With bright lights . . .

        Russ aka waterweasel

        Okay, I am officially organizing a Lost in the Dark party for this
        Sunday night, September 4th.  Let's meet at 7:30 PM at the posted
        coordinates for "Third Moon from Planet Essiada" (30° 24.232 W 097°
        40.895) unless one of you experienced folks has a better meeting spot
        for the cache.

        I have heard only great things about this cache and have also heard
        that non-geocachers would really have a lot of fun with it as well.  So
        feel free to bring your friends.  Everyone is welcome, everyone is
        invited!

        The Hoot and I will be there.  I will try to bring a new geocaching
        friend (searcher_gone_astray) too.

        So come on!  Let's get lost in the dark!
        Stratman (Curtis)

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Curtis Wyman
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 4, 2005
          Lost in the Dark is still on for tonight at 7:30.  If you are interested in going out to look for Essiar's "Third Moon from Planet Essiada" tonight, come on along with us.  We will meet at the posted coordinates (30° 24.232 W 097°40.895)at 7:30 PM on Sept. 4th (Sunday night).

          If anyone needs a ride from the Pflugerville area, send me a note.  I can carry as many as five.

          Stratman

          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 4, 2005
            I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that came tonight and got Lost in the Dark with us.  We really had a lot of fun walking and talking with you all.  Thanks to Larry and Julie for helping us complete the mission when we got off track or needed assistance.

            Anyone else out there that hasn't done Third Moon from Planet Essiada...do it!  It was very cool!  I might even be willing to go and do it again sometime!

            Ciao,
            Stratman (Curtis)

          • Curtis Wyman
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 5, 2005
              Lost Wages is not a lost cause anymore.  I have replaced the container according to what I understand it used to be.  Prime Approver is trying to contact Team Rocket and will not re-enable it until he gets a reply.  If he doesn't get one within the month then he is going to change the owner of the cache to me.  Although it is currently temporarily disabled, you can still find/log it if you haven't.

              Stratman (Curtis)
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 5, 2005
                Thanks for organizing it.  We (Barb, Reid and I) had fun.  Check out Barb's post on the web site . . .

                Russ aka the waterweasel