RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Lost in the Dark

  • Curtis Wyman
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 2, 2005
      Message
      Yes, I will call you.

      In case you are north, here is one that has not been published yet...

      Even my wife thought the container was cool...

      Curtis

       Bring Your Own Lawn Chair
      [Click to temporarily disable]

      by Stratman & the Hoot [profile]

      Cache Issues:

      • This cache has not been approved yet. Once it is approved, it will be listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a note for this listing.
      N 30° 23.754 W 097° 42.596
      UTM: 14R E 623932 N 3363361
      SWSW 6.5mi from your home coordinates.
      or convert to NAD27 at Jeeep.com

      Click icon to download:

      Read about waypoint downloads

      In Texas, United States [view map]
      Hidden: 9/2/2005
      Use waypoint: GCQD02 (what's this?)
      Make this page print-friendly (no logs)

      Please note: To use the services of geocaching.com, you must agree to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

      (ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
      Difficulty:  ***1/2  Terrain: *1/2

      The terrain is very mild, I didn't see anything poisonous, but there is potential for a lot of muggle traffic nearby. You DO NOT HAVE TO CLIMB THE POWER POLE!

      Since I can no longer afford gas to cache during lunch, I took a little stroll around the area where I work. This location just cries out for a cache. It has the perfect ingredients for a cache - plenty of hidey holes, beautiful pine trees, oak trees, and others, there are huge power lines right above you helping to confuse your GPSr even more, the ground is covered with natural pine mulch, and it is so shady that even in 100 degree weather, it is very comfortable.

      So bring your own lawn chair and enjoy the breeze. You may need it when you get tired from searching.

      Additional Hints (Decrypt)

      Decryption Key
      -------------------------
      (letter above equals below,
      and vice versa)

      Yboybyyl crqhapyr

      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 2, 2005
        I think the foot family may be there. Txbigfoot, txlittle foot and
        Tx small foot.
        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Curtis Wyman"
        <cwymanjr@a...> wrote:
        > MessageYes, I will call you.
        >
        > In case you are north, here is one that has not been published
        yet...

        > Even my wife thought the container was cool...
        >
        > Curtis
        >
        > Bring Your Own Lawn Chair
        > [Click to temporarily disable]
        > by Stratman & the Hoot [profile]
        >

        > Cache Issues:
        >
        > a.. This cache has not been approved yet. Once it is approved,
        it will be
        > listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have
        left a note
        > for this listing.
        > N 30° 23.754 W 097° 42.596
        > UTM: 14R E 623932 N 3363361
        > SW 6.5mi from your home coordinates.
        > or convert to NAD27 at Jeeep.com
        >

        > Click icon to download:
        >
        > Read about waypoint downloads
        >
        > In Texas, United States [view map]
        > Hidden: 9/2/2005
        > Use waypoint: GCQD02 (what's this?)
        > Make this page print-friendly (no logs)
        >

        > Please note: To use the services of geocaching.com, you must
        agree to
        > the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.
        >

        > (ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
        > Difficulty: Terrain:
        >
        > The terrain is very mild, I didn't see anything poisonous, but
        there is
        > potential for a lot of muggle traffic nearby. You DO NOT HAVE TO
        CLIMB THE
        > POWER POLE!
        >

        > Since I can no longer afford gas to cache during lunch, I took a
        little
        > stroll around the area where I work. This location just cries out
        for a
        > cache. It has the perfect ingredients for a cache - plenty of
        hidey holes,
        > beautiful pine trees, oak trees, and others, there are huge power
        lines
        > right above you helping to confuse your GPSr even more, the ground
        is
        > covered with natural pine mulch, and it is so shady that even in
        100 degree
        > weather, it is very comfortable.
        > So bring your own lawn chair and enjoy the breeze. You may need
        it when
        > you get tired from searching.
        >

        > Additional Hints (Decrypt) Decryption Key
        > -------------------------
        > (letter above equals below,
        > and vice versa)
        >

        > Yboybyyl crqhapyr

        Curtis Wyman
        > Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:34 AM
        > To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Lost in the Dark
        >

        > Okay, I am officially organizing a Lost in the Dark party for
        this
        > Sunday night, September 4th. Let's meet at 7:30 PM at the
        posted
        > coordinates for "Third Moon from Planet Essiada" (30° 24.232 W
        097°
        > 40.895) unless one of you experienced folks has a better
        meeting spot
        > for the cache.
        >
        > I have heard only great things about this cache and have also
        heard
        > that non-geocachers would really have a lot of fun with it as
        well. So
        > feel free to bring your friends. Everyone is welcome,
        everyone is
        > invited!
        >
        > The Hoot and I will be there. I will try to bring a new
        geocaching
        > friend (searcher_gone_astray) too.
        >
        > So come on! Let's get lost in the dark!
        > Stratman (Curtis)

        estate
        > City park hotel sant just
        > Outdoors City park hotel pelayo City parks

        > c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
        Terms of

        ---------
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 3, 2005
          Waterweasel, The Tygress, and Raven Eye expect to be there.  With bright lights . . .

          Russ aka waterweasel

          Okay, I am officially organizing a Lost in the Dark party for this
          Sunday night, September 4th.  Let's meet at 7:30 PM at the posted
          coordinates for "Third Moon from Planet Essiada" (30° 24.232 W 097°
          40.895) unless one of you experienced folks has a better meeting spot
          for the cache.

          I have heard only great things about this cache and have also heard
          that non-geocachers would really have a lot of fun with it as well.  So
          feel free to bring your friends.  Everyone is welcome, everyone is
          invited!

          The Hoot and I will be there.  I will try to bring a new geocaching
          friend (searcher_gone_astray) too.

          So come on!  Let's get lost in the dark!
          Stratman (Curtis)

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • Curtis Wyman
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 4, 2005
            Lost in the Dark is still on for tonight at 7:30.  If you are interested in going out to look for Essiar's "Third Moon from Planet Essiada" tonight, come on along with us.  We will meet at the posted coordinates (30° 24.232 W 097°40.895)at 7:30 PM on Sept. 4th (Sunday night).

            If anyone needs a ride from the Pflugerville area, send me a note.  I can carry as many as five.

            Stratman

            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 4, 2005
              I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that came tonight and got Lost in the Dark with us.  We really had a lot of fun walking and talking with you all.  Thanks to Larry and Julie for helping us complete the mission when we got off track or needed assistance.

              Anyone else out there that hasn't done Third Moon from Planet Essiada...do it!  It was very cool!  I might even be willing to go and do it again sometime!

              Ciao,
              Stratman (Curtis)

            • Curtis Wyman
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 5, 2005
                Lost Wages is not a lost cause anymore.  I have replaced the container according to what I understand it used to be.  Prime Approver is trying to contact Team Rocket and will not re-enable it until he gets a reply.  If he doesn't get one within the month then he is going to change the owner of the cache to me.  Although it is currently temporarily disabled, you can still find/log it if you haven't.

                Stratman (Curtis)
                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 5, 2005
                  Thanks for organizing it.  We (Barb, Reid and I) had fun.  Check out Barb's post on the web site . . .

                  Russ aka the waterweasel