Event Cache Clash?

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2002
      It's 2:00 in the morning and I can't sleep, so I'm thinking wild
      thoughts about how to reconcile the facts that we have an event cache
      planned on 10-26 and the North Texas Geocachers Assoc. wants to have
      a get-together with us the following weekend (11-2), because their
      first choice (which was 11-9) is a UT game and McKinney Falls and
      most hotels are already full up. Well, they are moving plans IN a
      week, how about if we move plans OUT a week?

      We might lose our speaker, but we can invite him/her back in Jan or
      Feb, when it might be too bitter to be out caching anyway; and we
      could still do the park cleanup, it would just be a bit removed" from
      the "food thing" -- maybe choose a time to do the Vista Pond cleanup
      that suits enough people to get it done quickly, then everyone takes
      a little time to clean up and we meet at Golden Corral in South
      Austin for supper (since NTGA folks are staying at McKinney and parts
      south). This might actually work better anyway, since Daylight
      Savings time ends the weekend of the 26th and we'll have a later
      sunset that weekend. We still keep our cache theme, because Nov 2 is
      the traditional "Dia de lost muertos"
      (http://www.diadelosmuertos.us/).

      Please tell me what you think!

      Thanks,
      Candy
    • Lou Catozzi
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2002
        I say let's merge the two events. Also, I thought of another place for
        the out of towners to check out for camping that would be a little more
        central and convenient - Emma Long City Park. There are three caches in
        the park and quite a few nearby when you consider the Schoolhouse Series
        and such.

        Lou

        Candy Lind wrote:

        > It's 2:00 in the morning and I can't sleep, so I'm thinking wild
        > thoughts about how to reconcile the facts that we have an event cache
        > planned on 10-26 and the North Texas Geocachers Assoc. wants to have
        > a get-together with us the following weekend (11-2), because their
        > first choice (which was 11-9) is a UT game and McKinney Falls and
        > most hotels are already full up. Well, they are moving plans IN a
        > week, how about if we move plans OUT a week?
        >
        > We might lose our speaker, but we can invite him/her back in Jan or
        > Feb, when it might be too bitter to be out caching anyway; and we
        > could still do the park cleanup, it would just be a bit removed" from
        > the "food thing" -- maybe choose a time to do the Vista Pond cleanup
        > that suits enough people to get it done quickly, then everyone takes
        > a little time to clean up and we meet at Golden Corral in South
        > Austin for supper (since NTGA folks are staying at McKinney and parts
        > south). This might actually work better anyway, since Daylight
        > Savings time ends the weekend of the 26th and we'll have a later
        > sunset that weekend. We still keep our cache theme, because Nov 2 is
        > the traditional "Dia de lost muertos"
        > (http://www.diadelosmuertos.us/).
        >
        > Please tell me what you think!
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Candy

      • Rich Wendling
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2002
          Is there someplace I can get info about Emma Long City Park? I
          looked online, but didn't find a whole lot. What does it cost to
          camp there, do we need reservations, what are the facilities for
          camping, etc.?

          Rich Wendling
          aka Web-ling
          NTGA

        • Lou Catozzi
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 28, 2002
            I'll check into it on Monday in person if I don't find anything online
            this weekend.

            Lou