Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Lost Wages is a Lost Cause

  • Nick Silkey
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
      I might be down, contingent on travel plans with the Missus. I went
      during the last group outing and found it to be a blast. I will watch
      this thread in the meantime and keep you posted.

      --
      Nick Silkey
      a.k.a. filler of 'filler & bcat'
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
        Okay, I am officially organizing a Lost in the Dark party for this
        Sunday night, September 4th. Let's meet at 7:30 PM at the posted
        coordinates for "Third Moon from Planet Essiada" (30° 24.232 W 097°
        40.895) unless one of you experienced folks has a better meeting spot
        for the cache.

        I have heard only great things about this cache and have also heard
        that non-geocachers would really have a lot of fun with it as well. So
        feel free to bring your friends. Everyone is welcome, everyone is
        invited!

        The Hoot and I will be there. I will try to bring a new geocaching
        friend (searcher_gone_astray) too.

        So come on! Let's get lost in the dark!
        Stratman (Curtis)
      • loisslanee
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
          ok well the adults from the doppler gang think we are interested, what
          day are you thinking and what time are you wishing to start?
        • Perrine Julie-ra5686
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
            Message
            When you know who's coming, you need to arrange to drop a car off at the end.  If we meet at 7:30, there should be time to run a car over to the other side before dark.

            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
              Ok part of the Doppler Gang is in... We will be happy to pick up anyone
              that wants a ride that lives in the pflugerville/roundrock area (now I
              just need to let my husband know "we" are in)

              Lynda
              1 of the Doppler Gang
            • Nick Silkey
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
                As per the last Curtis/Stratman e-mail:

                "Okay, I am officially organizing a Lost in the Dark party for this
                Sunday night, September 4th. Let's meet at 7:30 PM at the posted
                coordinates for "Third Moon from Planet Essiada" (30° 24.232 W 097°
                40.895) unless one of you experienced folks has a better meeting spot
                for the cache."

                Maybe Yahoo!Groups farted and didnt send you this. Who knows.

                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 2, 2005
                  Message
                  Yes, I will call you.

                  In case you are north, here is one that has not been published yet...

                  Even my wife thought the container was cool...

                  Curtis

                   Bring Your Own Lawn Chair
                  [Click to temporarily disable]

                  by Stratman & the Hoot [profile]

                  Cache Issues:

                  • This cache has not been approved yet. Once it is approved, it will be listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a note for this listing.
                  N 30° 23.754 W 097° 42.596
                  UTM: 14R E 623932 N 3363361
                  SWSW 6.5mi from your home coordinates.
                  or convert to NAD27 at Jeeep.com

                  Click icon to download:

                  Read about waypoint downloads

                  In Texas, United States [view map]
                  Hidden: 9/2/2005
                  Use waypoint: GCQD02 (what's this?)
                  Make this page print-friendly (no logs)

                  Please note: To use the services of geocaching.com, you must agree to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

                  (ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
                  Difficulty:  ***1/2  Terrain: *1/2

                  The terrain is very mild, I didn't see anything poisonous, but there is potential for a lot of muggle traffic nearby. You DO NOT HAVE TO CLIMB THE POWER POLE!

                  Since I can no longer afford gas to cache during lunch, I took a little stroll around the area where I work. This location just cries out for a cache. It has the perfect ingredients for a cache - plenty of hidey holes, beautiful pine trees, oak trees, and others, there are huge power lines right above you helping to confuse your GPSr even more, the ground is covered with natural pine mulch, and it is so shady that even in 100 degree weather, it is very comfortable.

                  So bring your own lawn chair and enjoy the breeze. You may need it when you get tired from searching.

                  Additional Hints (Decrypt)

                  Decryption Key
                  -------------------------
                  (letter above equals below,
                  and vice versa)

                  Yboybyyl crqhapyr

                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 2, 2005
                    I think the foot family may be there. Txbigfoot, txlittle foot and
                    Tx small foot.
                    <cwymanjr@a...> wrote:
                    > MessageYes, I will call you.
                    >
                    > In case you are north, here is one that has not been published
                    yet...

                    > Even my wife thought the container was cool...
                    >
                    > Curtis
                    >
                    > Bring Your Own Lawn Chair
                    > [Click to temporarily disable]
                    > by Stratman & the Hoot [profile]
                    >

                    > Cache Issues:
                    >
                    > a.. This cache has not been approved yet. Once it is approved,
                    it will be
                    > listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have
                    left a note
                    > for this listing.
                    > N 30° 23.754 W 097° 42.596
                    > UTM: 14R E 623932 N 3363361
                    > SW 6.5mi from your home coordinates.
                    > or convert to NAD27 at Jeeep.com
                    >

                    > Click icon to download:
                    >
                    > Read about waypoint downloads
                    >
                    > In Texas, United States [view map]
                    > Hidden: 9/2/2005
                    > Use waypoint: GCQD02 (what's this?)
                    > Make this page print-friendly (no logs)
                    >

                    > Please note: To use the services of geocaching.com, you must
                    agree to
                    > the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.
                    >

                    > (ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
                    > Difficulty: Terrain:
                    >
                    > The terrain is very mild, I didn't see anything poisonous, but
                    there is
                    > potential for a lot of muggle traffic nearby. You DO NOT HAVE TO
                    CLIMB THE
                    > POWER POLE!
                    >

                    > Since I can no longer afford gas to cache during lunch, I took a
                    little
                    > stroll around the area where I work. This location just cries out
                    for a
                    > cache. It has the perfect ingredients for a cache - plenty of
                    hidey holes,
                    > beautiful pine trees, oak trees, and others, there are huge power
                    lines
                    > right above you helping to confuse your GPSr even more, the ground
                    is
                    > covered with natural pine mulch, and it is so shady that even in
                    100 degree
                    > weather, it is very comfortable.
                    > So bring your own lawn chair and enjoy the breeze. You may need
                    it when
                    > you get tired from searching.
                    >

                    > Additional Hints (Decrypt) Decryption Key
                    > -------------------------
                    > (letter above equals below,
                    > and vice versa)
                    >

                    > Yboybyyl crqhapyr

                    Terms of

                    ---------
                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 3, 2005
                      Waterweasel, The Tygress, and Raven Eye expect to be there.  With bright lights . . .

                      Russ aka waterweasel

                      Okay, I am officially organizing a Lost in the Dark party for this
                      Sunday night, September 4th.  Let's meet at 7:30 PM at the posted
                      coordinates for "Third Moon from Planet Essiada" (30° 24.232 W 097°
                      40.895) unless one of you experienced folks has a better meeting spot
                      for the cache.

                      I have heard only great things about this cache and have also heard
                      that non-geocachers would really have a lot of fun with it as well.  So
                      feel free to bring your friends.  Everyone is welcome, everyone is
                      invited!

                      The Hoot and I will be there.  I will try to bring a new geocaching
                      friend (searcher_gone_astray) too.

                      So come on!  Let's get lost in the dark!
                      Stratman (Curtis)

                      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                    • Curtis Wyman
                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 4, 2005
                        Lost in the Dark is still on for tonight at 7:30.  If you are interested in going out to look for Essiar's "Third Moon from Planet Essiada" tonight, come on along with us.  We will meet at the posted coordinates (30° 24.232 W 097°40.895)at 7:30 PM on Sept. 4th (Sunday night).

                        If anyone needs a ride from the Pflugerville area, send me a note.  I can carry as many as five.

                        Stratman

                        Message 11 of 25 , Sep 4, 2005
                          I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that came tonight and got Lost in the Dark with us.  We really had a lot of fun walking and talking with you all.  Thanks to Larry and Julie for helping us complete the mission when we got off track or needed assistance.

                          Anyone else out there that hasn't done Third Moon from Planet Essiada...do it!  It was very cool!  I might even be willing to go and do it again sometime!

                          Ciao,
                          Stratman (Curtis)

                        • Curtis Wyman
                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 5, 2005
                            Lost Wages is not a lost cause anymore.  I have replaced the container according to what I understand it used to be.  Prime Approver is trying to contact Team Rocket and will not re-enable it until he gets a reply.  If he doesn't get one within the month then he is going to change the owner of the cache to me.  Although it is currently temporarily disabled, you can still find/log it if you haven't.

                            Stratman (Curtis)

                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 5, 2005
                              Thanks for organizing it.  We (Barb, Reid and I) had fun.  Check out Barb's post on the web site . . .

                              Russ aka the waterweasel