RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Lost Wages is a Lost Cause

    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
      Barb and I might be interested in Essiar's Third Moon.  I was going to try and organize a trip in late Sept., due to heat issues.

      Russ aka The Waterweasel

      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
        Message
        Curtis, I'll do the night cache as long as its Sunday or Monday night.  I've done it three times, but its fun to ram around in the dark with friends.

        <candylind@e...> wrote:
        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Curtis Wyman"
        > <cwymanjr@a...> wrote:
        > > Hey everyone,
        > >
        > > Does anyone remember what the cache container thing looked like
        for
        > Lost
        > > Wages?
        >
        > Altoids or some such tin, painted some dark color, and magnetized to
        > stick to the hiding place (do you know where it's supposed to be?).
        Why
        > didn't you just call the hotline and save some bandwidth??? ;-D
        >
        > Candy

      • Nick Silkey
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
          I might be down, contingent on travel plans with the Missus. I went
          during the last group outing and found it to be a blast. I will watch
          this thread in the meantime and keep you posted.

          --
          Nick Silkey
          a.k.a. filler of 'filler & bcat'
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
            Okay, I am officially organizing a Lost in the Dark party for this
            Sunday night, September 4th. Let's meet at 7:30 PM at the posted
            coordinates for "Third Moon from Planet Essiada" (30° 24.232 W 097°
            40.895) unless one of you experienced folks has a better meeting spot
            for the cache.

            I have heard only great things about this cache and have also heard
            that non-geocachers would really have a lot of fun with it as well. So
            feel free to bring your friends. Everyone is welcome, everyone is
            invited!

            The Hoot and I will be there. I will try to bring a new geocaching
            friend (searcher_gone_astray) too.

            So come on! Let's get lost in the dark!
            Stratman (Curtis)
          • loisslanee
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
              ok well the adults from the doppler gang think we are interested, what
              day are you thinking and what time are you wishing to start?
            • Perrine Julie-ra5686
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
                Message
                When you know who's coming, you need to arrange to drop a car off at the end.  If we meet at 7:30, there should be time to run a car over to the other side before dark.

                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
                  Ok part of the Doppler Gang is in... We will be happy to pick up anyone
                  that wants a ride that lives in the pflugerville/roundrock area (now I
                  just need to let my husband know "we" are in)

                  Lynda
                  1 of the Doppler Gang
                • Nick Silkey
                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
                    As per the last Curtis/Stratman e-mail:

                    "Okay, I am officially organizing a Lost in the Dark party for this
                    Sunday night, September 4th. Let's meet at 7:30 PM at the posted
                    coordinates for "Third Moon from Planet Essiada" (30° 24.232 W 097°
                    40.895) unless one of you experienced folks has a better meeting spot
                    for the cache."

                    Maybe Yahoo!Groups farted and didnt send you this. Who knows.

                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 2, 2005
                      Message
                      Yes, I will call you.

                      In case you are north, here is one that has not been published yet...

                      Even my wife thought the container was cool...

                      Curtis

                       Bring Your Own Lawn Chair
                      [Click to temporarily disable]

                      by Stratman & the Hoot [profile]

                      Cache Issues:

                      • This cache has not been approved yet. Once it is approved, it will be listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a note for this listing.
                      N 30° 23.754 W 097° 42.596
                      UTM: 14R E 623932 N 3363361
                      SWSW 6.5mi from your home coordinates.
                      or convert to NAD27 at Jeeep.com

                      Click icon to download:

                      Read about waypoint downloads

                      In Texas, United States [view map]
                      Hidden: 9/2/2005
                      Use waypoint: GCQD02 (what's this?)
                      Make this page print-friendly (no logs)

                      Please note: To use the services of geocaching.com, you must agree to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

                      (ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
                      Difficulty:  ***1/2  Terrain: *1/2

                      The terrain is very mild, I didn't see anything poisonous, but there is potential for a lot of muggle traffic nearby. You DO NOT HAVE TO CLIMB THE POWER POLE!

                      Since I can no longer afford gas to cache during lunch, I took a little stroll around the area where I work. This location just cries out for a cache. It has the perfect ingredients for a cache - plenty of hidey holes, beautiful pine trees, oak trees, and others, there are huge power lines right above you helping to confuse your GPSr even more, the ground is covered with natural pine mulch, and it is so shady that even in 100 degree weather, it is very comfortable.

                      So bring your own lawn chair and enjoy the breeze. You may need it when you get tired from searching.

                      Additional Hints (Decrypt)

                      Decryption Key
                      -------------------------
                      (letter above equals below,
                      and vice versa)

                      Yboybyyl crqhapyr

                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 2, 2005
                        I think the foot family may be there. Txbigfoot, txlittle foot and
                        Tx small foot.
                        <cwymanjr@a...> wrote:
                        > MessageYes, I will call you.
                        >
                        > In case you are north, here is one that has not been published
                        yet...

                        > Even my wife thought the container was cool...
                        >
                        > Curtis
                        >
                        > Bring Your Own Lawn Chair
                        > [Click to temporarily disable]
                        > by Stratman & the Hoot [profile]
                        >

                        > Cache Issues:
                        >
                        > a.. This cache has not been approved yet. Once it is approved,
                        it will be
                        > listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have
                        left a note
                        > for this listing.
                        > N 30° 23.754 W 097° 42.596
                        > UTM: 14R E 623932 N 3363361
                        > SW 6.5mi from your home coordinates.
                        > or convert to NAD27 at Jeeep.com
                        >

                        > Click icon to download:
                        >
                        > Read about waypoint downloads
                        >
                        > In Texas, United States [view map]
                        > Hidden: 9/2/2005
                        > Use waypoint: GCQD02 (what's this?)
                        > Make this page print-friendly (no logs)
                        >

                        > Please note: To use the services of geocaching.com, you must
                        agree to
                        > the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.
                        >

                        > (ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
                        > Difficulty: Terrain:
                        >
                        > The terrain is very mild, I didn't see anything poisonous, but
                        there is
                        > potential for a lot of muggle traffic nearby. You DO NOT HAVE TO
                        CLIMB THE
                        > POWER POLE!
                        >

                        > Since I can no longer afford gas to cache during lunch, I took a
                        little
                        > stroll around the area where I work. This location just cries out
                        for a
                        > cache. It has the perfect ingredients for a cache - plenty of
                        hidey holes,
                        > beautiful pine trees, oak trees, and others, there are huge power
                        lines
                        > right above you helping to confuse your GPSr even more, the ground
                        is
                        > covered with natural pine mulch, and it is so shady that even in
                        100 degree
                        > weather, it is very comfortable.
                        > So bring your own lawn chair and enjoy the breeze. You may need
                        it when
                        > you get tired from searching.
                        >

                        > Additional Hints (Decrypt) Decryption Key
                        > -------------------------
                        > (letter above equals below,
                        > and vice versa)
                        >

                        > Yboybyyl crqhapyr

                        Terms of

                        ---------
                        Message 11 of 25 , Sep 3, 2005
                          Waterweasel, The Tygress, and Raven Eye expect to be there.  With bright lights . . .

                          Russ aka waterweasel

                          Okay, I am officially organizing a Lost in the Dark party for this
                          Sunday night, September 4th.  Let's meet at 7:30 PM at the posted
                          coordinates for "Third Moon from Planet Essiada" (30° 24.232 W 097°
                          40.895) unless one of you experienced folks has a better meeting spot
                          for the cache.

                          I have heard only great things about this cache and have also heard
                          that non-geocachers would really have a lot of fun with it as well.  So
                          feel free to bring your friends.  Everyone is welcome, everyone is
                          invited!

                          The Hoot and I will be there.  I will try to bring a new geocaching
                          friend (searcher_gone_astray) too.

                          So come on!  Let's get lost in the dark!
                          Stratman (Curtis)

                          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                        • Curtis Wyman
                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 4, 2005
                            Lost in the Dark is still on for tonight at 7:30.  If you are interested in going out to look for Essiar's "Third Moon from Planet Essiada" tonight, come on along with us.  We will meet at the posted coordinates (30° 24.232 W 097°40.895)at 7:30 PM on Sept. 4th (Sunday night).

                            If anyone needs a ride from the Pflugerville area, send me a note.  I can carry as many as five.

                            Stratman

                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 4, 2005
                              I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that came tonight and got Lost in the Dark with us.  We really had a lot of fun walking and talking with you all.  Thanks to Larry and Julie for helping us complete the mission when we got off track or needed assistance.

                              Anyone else out there that hasn't done Third Moon from Planet Essiada...do it!  It was very cool!  I might even be willing to go and do it again sometime!

                              Ciao,
                              Stratman (Curtis)

                            • Curtis Wyman
                              Message 14 of 25 , Sep 5, 2005
                                Lost Wages is not a lost cause anymore.  I have replaced the container according to what I understand it used to be.  Prime Approver is trying to contact Team Rocket and will not re-enable it until he gets a reply.  If he doesn't get one within the month then he is going to change the owner of the cache to me.  Although it is currently temporarily disabled, you can still find/log it if you haven't.

                                Stratman (Curtis)

                                Message 15 of 25 , Sep 5, 2005
                                  Thanks for organizing it.  We (Barb, Reid and I) had fun.  Check out Barb's post on the web site . . .

                                  Russ aka the waterweasel