Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Not Just A Film Canister Caches - Need Your Help!

Expand Messages
  • Nick Silkey
    After a dozen or so visiters, this happened: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=595e4ed4-ce71-48ab-b07d-4ffa1cfe7fdf
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 27, 2005
      After a dozen or so visiters, this happened:
      http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=595e4ed4-ce71-48ab-b07d-4ffa1cfe7fdf

      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=78729&ll=30.466125,-97.781314&spn=0.006527,0.009520&t=k&hl=en
      shows where the cache is pretty well. Toggle Hybrid mode, zero in
      where the "Broadmeade Ave" text-label sits on the road, then click
      Satellite. If youve ever driven by here, you know what this is. :)

      I am going to have to come up with a coy way of replacing it, I suppose ...

      On 8/26/05, Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@...> wrote:
      >
      > Muggled by the Williamson County Sheriff's Office? Sounds like a tale to tell. So, please, do tell.
      >
      > Russ aka waterweasel
      >
      >
      > -----Original Message-----
      > From: Nick Silkey
      > Sent: Aug 26, 2005 6:38 PM
      > To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Not Just A Film Canister Caches - Need Your Help!
      >
      > Wendy and I traded two for two ...
      >
      > Dont Lose Your Head (GCPGYY)*, ala dragonfire870
      > and
      > Dont Eat Me (GCPDNY)**, ala BubblesPPG
      >
      > *, muggled by the Williamson County Sheriff's Office!
      > **, placed, but unapproved (Damn You, Prime Approver!)
      >
      > On 8/26/05, mrscaptainpicard <julieperrine@...> wrote:
      > > Oh Geez, I forgot my own. A Stone At Rest
      > > Julie
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      >
      >
      > --
      > Nick Silkey
      > a.k.a. filler of 'filler & bcat'
      > N30 28.2' W097 46.6'
      >
      >
      >
      > ________________________________
      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      >
      >
      > Visit your group "CentralTexasGeocachers" on the web.
      >
      > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
      > CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
      >
      >
      >
      > ________________________________

      >
      >
      >
      >
      > SPONSORED LINKS
      > Central texas City parks Outdoors
      > Alaska outdoors Great outdoors Great outdoors gas grill
      >
      > ________________________________
      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      >
      > Visit your group "CentralTexasGeocachers" on the web.
      >
      > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
      > CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
      >
      > ________________________________

      >
      >
      >
      >




      --
      Nick Silkey
      a.k.a. filler of 'filler & bcat'
      N30 28.2' W097 46.6'
    • Nick Silkey
      Replace DLYH or DEM? I dont think I can win with Prime Approver. He wants me to get DEM out of Balcones District Park no matter where I place it, sell it,
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 27, 2005
        Replace DLYH or DEM?

        I dont think I can win with Prime Approver. He wants me to get DEM
        out of Balcones District Park no matter where I place it, sell it,
        etc. So it will come BACK out yet again and go somewhere where it
        doesnt violate his meticulous rules.

        DLYH will be replaced somehow. To keep it at the current location
        would require me coming up with a very inconspicuous container along
        with descript instructions on how not to hunt. Silly neigbors-es ...
        :)

        Either way, yes, I want both to live on.

        On 8/27/05, mrscaptainpicard <julieperrine@...> wrote:
        > Nick, are you going to "re" place that second one?
        > Julie
        >
        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Nick Silkey
        > <nsilkey@g...> wrote:
        > > Wendy and I traded two for two ...
        > >
        > > Dont Lose Your Head (GCPGYY)*, ala dragonfire870
        > > and
        > > Dont Eat Me (GCPDNY)**, ala BubblesPPG
        > >
        > > *, muggled by the Williamson County Sheriff's Office!
        > > **, placed, but unapproved (Damn You, Prime Approver!)
        > >
        > > On 8/26/05, mrscaptainpicard <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
        > > > Oh Geez, I forgot my own. A Stone At Rest
        > > > Julie
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > >
        > >
        > > --
        > > Nick Silkey
        > > a.k.a. filler of 'filler & bcat'
        > > N30 28.2' W097 46.6'
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >


        --
        Nick Silkey
        a.k.a. filler of 'filler & bcat'
        N30 28.2' W097 46.6'
      • jnjwalla
        GCPTM6 A Hole In One For A Birdie by DaGuyz & JNJ Walla ... Canister NOT Just a Film Canister event, and here s the list I ... what they were. Some of them I
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 28, 2005
          GCPTM6 A Hole In One For A Birdie by DaGuyz & JNJ Walla

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-ra5686
          <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
          > Gang,
          > I'm making a list of all the caches from the "When is a Film
          Canister NOT Just a Film Canister" event, and here's the list I
          pulled from memory:
          >
          >
          >
          > Catch My Drift
          >
          >
          > Get Your Motor Running
          >
          >
          > Look Out For Chiggers!
          >
          >
          > Shockingly Simple
          >
          >
          > For the Teacher
          >
          >
          > I'm Pining Away for You
          >
          >
          > Pendleton
          >
          >
          > Bathroom Trash #1
          >
          >
          > Boot-ylicious
          >
          >
          > Merci Bouquet
          >
          >
          > Parasitical Problem
          >
          >
          > Loaded and Ready to Shoot
          >
          >
          > I See Dead People
          >
          >
          > Green Circle
          >
          >
          > On the Sunny Side of the Street
          >
          >
          > Nuprin
          >
          >
          > Mother-In-Law
          >
          >
          > I KNOW there were lots more caches exchanges because I can remember
          what they were. Some of them I may have just scanned past when
          searching through my list.
          >
          > Anyway, if you know of a film canister cache that's not on this
          list, let me know.
          >
          > And if you HAVE a cache you got at the event and haven't placed it
          yet. SHAME ON YOU! Get it done so the creator can have the
          satisfaction of seeing it out there, and so we can have the fun of
          finding it!
          >
          > Soon, I'm going to send out a logo to put on your cache pages that
          will link people to a full list of all the caches from the event.
          (I'm moving at the speed of a turtle, here, huh???)
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Julie
          > Mrs. Captain Picard
        • dscherer1966
          Drainage Problem or Old Faithful GPS Test ... ra5686 ... remember ... it ... that
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 30, 2005
            Drainage Problem or Old Faithful GPS Test


            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "jnjwalla"
            <jnjwalla@y...> wrote:
            > GCPTM6 A Hole In One For A Birdie by DaGuyz & JNJ Walla
            >
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-
            ra5686
            > <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
            > > Gang,
            > > I'm making a list of all the caches from the "When is a Film
            > Canister NOT Just a Film Canister" event, and here's the list I
            > pulled from memory:
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > > Catch My Drift
            > >
            > >
            > > Get Your Motor Running
            > >
            > >
            > > Look Out For Chiggers!
            > >
            > >
            > > Shockingly Simple
            > >
            > >
            > > For the Teacher
            > >
            > >
            > > I'm Pining Away for You
            > >
            > >
            > > Pendleton
            > >
            > >
            > > Bathroom Trash #1
            > >
            > >
            > > Boot-ylicious
            > >
            > >
            > > Merci Bouquet
            > >
            > >
            > > Parasitical Problem
            > >
            > >
            > > Loaded and Ready to Shoot
            > >
            > >
            > > I See Dead People
            > >
            > >
            > > Green Circle
            > >
            > >
            > > On the Sunny Side of the Street
            > >
            > >
            > > Nuprin
            > >
            > >
            > > Mother-In-Law
            > >
            > >
            > > I KNOW there were lots more caches exchanges because I can
            remember
            > what they were. Some of them I may have just scanned past when
            > searching through my list.
            > >
            > > Anyway, if you know of a film canister cache that's not on this
            > list, let me know.
            > >
            > > And if you HAVE a cache you got at the event and haven't placed
            it
            > yet. SHAME ON YOU! Get it done so the creator can have the
            > satisfaction of seeing it out there, and so we can have the fun of
            > finding it!
            > >
            > > Soon, I'm going to send out a logo to put on your cache pages
            that
            > will link people to a full list of all the caches from the event.
            > (I'm moving at the speed of a turtle, here, huh???)
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Julie
            > > Mrs. Captain Picard
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.